Strymon Next Generation

The midnight editions?

Maybe a way to get rid of a load of old circuit boards

1 Like

Is the usb connection also used to edit the effects on a computer? Is there anything like a strymon editor?
Example: I have a Zoom MS 70cdr pedal and the edit app is really useful

I think in the main Strymon announcement video there was mention of editing/patch library software on the way. Donā€™t quote me though as I only had it on in the background.

I love Strymon effects, and I do like midi compatibility, but thats not why I got the few Strymon effects I own.
Iā€™m not seeing any features making me want one.
As others have stated, the best part about this is all the people suffering from GAS and selling their V1ā€™s at a discount price.
He really tries to sell the new features too, as if changing from Mono to Stereo or memorizing the dual functions is a major inconvenience.
I put my Deco on stereo and never change it.
I have the dual functions memorized.
No real desire for presets, and they are simple enough to alter by hand on the fly.
Altering them by hand is actually why I buy pedals without midi.
Definitely looking forward to scooping V1ā€™s

Yeah, these donā€™t necessarily look like upgrade items for people whom already own the current version. More like a solid improvement for the future.

2 Likes

Yes V2 is a little evolution not a revolution.

IMHO almost all developers of reverb and delay pedals desperately try to differentiate from competitors by implementing weird reverb and delay machines with special effects like shimmer, helix or whatever they name it.
Why? Because all delays and reverbs in the > 250 bucks segment already sound convincingly.
And hundreds of presets at least I canā€™t remember. So pre-listening is more time consuming than using the knobs,

I personally like the deco update. sold the old one and ordered the new one
the tone knob willcome in handy, the mono/stereo switch, and cassette mode, and JFET, we will see

2 Likes

I had just ordered Midnight Dig and El Cap so at least was able to return those. I have a Midnight Deco and an original Deco I will need to sell. The MIDI capability is game changing for me, as is clock sync (I have Disaster Area Designs devices that handle the clock sync and tempo divisions if Iā€™m not using MIDI). My pedals tend to live on shelves in a 19ā€ rack in my studio.

So what does the Volante now offer over the upgraded El Capistan?

Any one pick up the Strymon El Capistan V2? Looking at picking one up, curios to hear how it is. Also would like to know how the spring reverb is.

3 Likes

Iā€™m interested in the El capistan v2
Does somebody know if itā€™s possible to set the mix knob to full wet? Although the main tape delay function is very welcome, Iā€™d love to use it 100% wet with the shortest delay time possible. Just the wow and flutter and bias for some nice tape saturation/modulation. Or would it be better to go for the deco v2?

Hereā€™s a demo of the Capistan V2 together with Twisted Electronā€™s MEGAfm, including lots of Dub Chords and some Electronica patches. Maybe you find it useful

2 Likes

did you end up getting it, what did you think?

I did and itā€™s awesome! Spring reverb sounds great too!

Midi syncs with the DN, no problems! Took a bit to figure out how but worked like a charm. I just couldnā€™t figure out how to plock the trigs, maybe not possible.

1 Like

@captain8 I recorded the DN with the El Cap V2 last night. Nothing special but an idea of how it can sound.

3 Likes