Strymon DIG VS Meris Polymoon VS other recommendations

Can vouch for this one.
12 bit and 8 also I believe (don’t have the manual in front of me).
Latest firmware allows for saving 8 patches including knobs positions. On top of 4 “basic” presets that only save combination of reverb/delay.
MIDI sync, CCs.
Very warm and nice tones.
Using it as a send for the moment (kill dry) along with DD7, MS70-CDR and a SPX990. All in sends.
Modulation is very nice.

4 Likes

Latest firmware has 64 memory slots. 8 basic slots + 56 full preset slots. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There you go :slight_smile:
Even more to get lost in the search of THE preset.
Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. They look great but unfortunately now shipping to the UK at the moment.

Just bagged a Timefactor for a great price :smiley:

2 Likes

Also currently my favorite reverb. Really just a great box for the money!

1 Like

I own a DIG and a Timeline (amongst many others). The DIG is my fave as far as sound goes, but it doesn’t have midi, and it doesn’t have multiple presets.

Universal Audio is coming out with the Starlight pedal any day now. I’m sure it will sound great - but at this point it doesn’t have midi. It does have a USB port, but sounds doubtful that UA will add midi to it. Too bad.

Strymon has been dropping hints over the last week that something new might be coming. If you’re looking at buying a Strymon unit, I’d wait a little longer to see what’s coming out. It might be a redesign/V2 of their pedals.

1 Like

I owned a Free the Tone Future Factory. I bought one because it was a dual delay (parallel or series) with modulation and multiple presets on board. I was hoping it could replace my DIG. I was running dual delays in series with modulation, and it just sounded bad. The modulation section on it sounded like a bad phaser instead of a beautiful chorus. It was too bad because the unit was well built, compact, and had great features.

1 Like

Timefactor arrived. Wow! Stunning. So nice having a knob for everything. Even deeper settings are easy enough to change without powering down and some odd button combo like the Strymon and Meris.

Can see me selling the Mercury 7 and going for a Space

Thanks for all your help guys

1 Like

Can you elaborate a bit on the sound? Does the DIG do the nice gain and compression thing on the delay lines at all? How about using the DIG as a chorus? How about the sound when adjusting the parameters in real time?

I consider putting a BIM on my board but I would need to make some space, take care of the 15V and drill a hole in the board so the vents on BIM aren’t covered. A lot of work but I absolutely adore BIMs sounds :joy: