Stimming OT review

It costs 10$, and 7.50$ if you get 10000. So his 5 EUR estimate wasn’t too far off :slight_smile:

Nah, he’s mint.

This guy is seriously irritating and it’s not a particularly helpful video for people looking to learn about the OT.

9 Likes

so same converters as Saffire LE - Audio interfaces and their AD/DA chips LISTED - Gearspace.com

2 Likes

He’s obviously super familiar with the OT, but at the same time seemed unsure of some of the very basic functionality - like whether slices could be placed independent of a slice grid, gathering samples from outset the current project (maybe misunderstood what he was referring to there though), etc…

I’m definitely taking the audio quality thing with a massive grain of salt - like, if you think the OT sounds shit then it does, if you think it sounds good then it does - at this point it really doesn’t matter what anyone else says about it. I’ve sampled all sorts into it and have never had an issue with what came out though

4 Likes

making music that speaks to enough people to be more successful than most of us

23 Likes

Its been abused by him obviously and worn with use. Yet still works flawlessly. Testament to the build quality.

3 Likes

People seem really concerned about his comments. He followed up in the pinned comment on Youtube about a few items. Regarding sound quality:

• my complaint about the sound quality and comparing it with a 5year old mid-range smartphone might be a bit rude, I admit, but to be more precise the sound quality reminds me of the steinberg ur22 interface which I used for the “beats on a budget” series. so, the sound-quality in my opinion is comparable to an entry level usb soundcard from 5 years ago.
1 Like

Isn’t worse?

pretty weird to do a half hour “feature” review on something you say over and over again how much you love. and then end it with “but really, it sounds like shit unless you buy this expensive thing I’m making.”

6 Likes

To be fair, that level is fine for my purposes - I’m not taking into a studio to record Adele’s vocals any time soon :grinning:

3 Likes

You’re definitely not alone. He’s been talking about it for years, in little hints here and there. I fear that it’ll be something in the range of 1500 euros, but who knows – maybe not? I have to go back and finish watching this review video now.

2 Likes

Device with a shitty Sound > Stimming marketing device > Device with a Pristine and Fat Sound

2 Likes

I thought the video was hilarious, and somewhat informative, but agree that the last few minutes definitely sounded like an infomercial. When I looked back at how cool and interesting he made the OT seem, then trash the sound, unless you buy his thing, then it seemed like the whole thing was designed to get anyone interested in the OT to make sure to buy his gadget along with the OT.

1 Like

If he’d finished the video with something like “a lot of people, including myself, feel that the sound isn’t quite as crisp as it could be, which is why you often see the OT being used with things like the Analog Heat or Oto Boum. I’ve made my own solution for this, hopefully it’ll be out for you to buy soon, should you feel the same way” I think it would feel a little less like he’s trying to overplay the issue to sell his own gear.

13 Likes

I like your stuff more and think you could easily achieve this. As I said… right people around you and that smile …that good damn smile :grinning: he is a product. Everybody likes him that’s why he is so successfull (and of course because he is obviously very focussed and eager).

Of course this is only my ego writing here that is jealous :sweat_smile: Obviously.

2 Likes

I think he’s absolutely on point about the sound quality. I would be curious to know how many of you OT users who use it as a “mothership” have an EQ, compressor and overdrive/distortion unit on the main out of the OT. Seems like that is what his little gadget does and is exactly the same combo I have on my main chain to beef up the sound.

4 Likes

I wonder if anyone had made a DAW mastering chain that could resemble the effect of the Heat…

there are tons … I can send you some for ableton later

^^^ This is so true. I just got an OT, and sound quality to my ears is very solid.
In the days where people are pining for sloppy vcos and that perfect tape warble, it’s all personal preference. In a few years the OT plate reverb will be emulated and sought after because it was “perfectly imperfect”

9 Likes