Stimming OT review

I use a MK1, no screen protector. #secretsauce

4 Likes

Has anyone any comparisons videos with the Analogue Heat and Octatrack before and after? Ive found a few on youtube and it seems genuinely richer and warmer in texture.

This is a basic example. A simple Loop from the OT AE Content (Headless Horseman DRLoop24) pass through the Enhancement Circuit, with a little Dirt (86) and matched Levels.

Edit : do you want it in the Round Fuzz Circuit?

A simple Loop from the OT AE Content (Headless Horseman DRLoop24) pass through the Round Fuzz Circuit, with a little Dirt (86) and matched Levels.

A simple Loop from the OT AE Content (Headless Horseman DRLoop24) pass through the High Gain Circuit, with a little Dirt (86) and matched Levels.

9 Likes

G*D Dammit!

I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH. I donā€™t need an AH.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

11 Likes

Oh look (rolls eyes) thereā€™s one IN STOCK 15 minutes from my front door

:crazy_face:

9 Likes

correct. you need a BOUM instead. then you donā€™t need to sacrifice track eight just to get a compressor, and you get a saturation device.

6 Likes

nah, thatā€™s what the 2nd OT is for.
Unknown

34 Likes

once again i get convinced that OTā€™s been brought by aliens and still isnā€™t understood by Earth population fully. parts is among most genious things about OT and itā€™s so underrated, was surprised Stimming barely uses it.

5 Likes

I think itā€™s just a matter of how heā€™s using it. sounds like a lot of it is on stage to play back and remix his tracks, which heā€™s dumped loops of into the OT from his computer. honestly I never used parts in the ten-ish years Iā€™ve had the machine, until I started trying to write a (mostly) self-contained track within it. then they were invaluable. either for different ā€œpartsā€ of the track (lol) or just using one as a sandbox to create beats that Iā€™d then resample and create loops from (thereby freeing up tracks in the other parts for other samples).

1 Like

Sorry to fuel the flames but if you are in the US, reach out to Detroit Modular. They gave me a smoking deal on a brand new Heat mk2 when I asked about a good price. They are super nice with great communication.
I plan on spending a lot more money with them in the future.

4 Likes

Keep your eyes out for a second-hand unit. Iā€™m not sure what the current status is, but the mk1 was going for criminally low prices.

1 Like

totally! everyone has his own workflow.
and yet, the way he mentioned it was like he probably just didnā€™t get it, saying thereā€™s different sample set per bank, not pattern.
not critisizing Stimming, heā€™s a cool guy and i enjoyed his review (his ā€œsynthā€ technique was insightful).

What the difference between Heat Mk1 and 2? Im temptedā€¦again.

and usually about $150-$200 difference, I went MK1 and spent the rest on bourbon.

20 Likes

Also, the MK2 will take a mono signal in the left input and make it stereo, the MK1 will not.

8 Likes

You probably do.

To forget that itā€™s an MkI. :innocent:

8 Likes

Ha! I actually prefer the MK1ā€™s buttons (this goes for OT as well). And I can still get metering, but just have to access a menu for it.

Was grateful to find a MK1 locally in practically brand new condition.

5 Likes

I wasnā€™t serious at all. I would love to get a second Heat and it would probably be an MkI to match my Hydrasynth.

3 Likes

Good grief, that was the most annoying sh*t Iā€™ve watched in along time.
And I have three kids.

16 Likes