Sticky/Broken Step, Any Fix?

Hi Everyone, I’m not sure how to post videos here so I posted this on reddit.

For the past year, I’ve had this key get stuck at random times. It sometimes happens on the one above it too. Is there anything I can do or you suggest? Blow compressed air in there? Is there some sort of safe lubricant? I’m not sure what to do.

I got mine second hand and a few buttons would do this, I found just taking the buttons off (like key caps on keyboards) and blowing some compressed air and re seating the button seemed to work okay for me! Hope this helps

1 Like

Hey! I just wanted to respond and say thanks for this. I feel more comfortable taking them on and off now. I’m going to email elektron to see if they’ll ship me a couple new buttons. It really helped when I turned my ‘13’ upside down. Now it’s sort of cool to have that unlucky number upside down

This is easy and quick fix. You have to open up your digitakt, loose a bit this screws wwhich are holding mainboard. Then re-align the mainboard with a top cover, to make sure all buttons are working as they should, tight up the screws. Done.