Stereo Phase Test : Experiment 0

Stereo Phase Test : Experiment 0

This post could be a place to consider various stereo effects hardware (including Elektron).

How would they react if they were fed a stereo signal of this track by Man or Astro-Man? ?

Not all effects define “stereo” the same way.

Cheers.

Korg DL8000r

Strymon Volante

Woah! Blast from the past! I havent heard man or astro man in bloody years!

This! I saw one of them set his spacesuit on fire in New Jersey. It was amazing!

1 Like

Yeah it gets bloody confusing. There’s true stereo effects with stereo algorithms (left and right truly independent like your DL8000R example, or a TC M3000), there’s stereo input summed mono into stereo algos (like the Volante, most units are like this), then there’s stereo input into a pair of identical mono algos panned in stereo (the Model:series delay seems like this, where the delay is mono i.e. not pingpong but follows the signal’s stereo positioning) and THEN there’s stereo input summed into a mono algo sent to left and right outs with one phase-reversed for “psuedo-stereo” (old Alesis reverb units did this)… so many interpretaions of what “stereo effect” means.

Yes, and the DL8000r can also be set to “cross feedback” which sets up a ping-pong as well. So at that point one would hear echoes of “This is the Left Channel” in the Right Channel and vice-versa.

I just thought it was interesting, and might be worthy of discussion.
Plus, Man or Astro-Man are pretty cool.

1 Like