Stereo - > mono

Spatializer is just an effect. Not a file converter.
You can send any sample to the cue out and adjust panning so you only get one channel.

If your sample contains stereo image and you want to preserve all the info, best to make that sample mono on a computer first, then drag back into your OT. Audacity is free and works like a charm.

1 Like

As I often isolate the content of one channel when working with samples (works a treat with 60’s / 70’s records where instruments are pan’d as fuck…), turning it to mono to recreate my own stereo field later, I was wondering how to do that with OT. For those also wondering:

• hard balance your sample left or right to keep only the channel you want.
  • spatializer as fx, phase: none, mid/side: on, mid gain: max, side gain: 0, input: 127
  • resample

There you go!

1 Like

Replying to this thread for awareness…

MIX CHANNELS

• ADD CH L+R will merge the left and right channels of the selected section and distribute the merged audio to both the left and right channels.

Is this a good thread for me to ask when is appropriate to use AB vs A+B. The manual explains hard panning vs summing, but practically, for the n00b, what is the usefulness of each?

1 Like

Some old school music has hard panned instruments, I think I’ve heard vocals one side and another instrument all the way to the other side. You could use a+b to sum both of the channels so you have equal distribution. Use just AB if you want to maintain those instruments separated, then you can slice each of those pieces if you want to deconstruct the track with less need for eq and stuff.

1 Like