Step Preview?

Just want to add my voice saying I’d love to see the Step+Yes to preview added. Would be a huge timesaver and make the best part of elektron machines (plocks) much easier to dial in.

3 Likes

Hey all!

I am usually getting around the missing slice feature by adjusting the parameter locked start point of the sample yet I found no way how to preview the trigger but start the sequence and let the sequencer play through the pad. This is even more complicated with a longer samples where lack of the zoom feature on the SRC screen makes finding the right spot very tricky…
Is there any way how to preview the parameter one single locked trigger without having to listen the whole pattern and waiting for the trigger to trigger, so I can make any adjustments?

Thanks!

Hey Maara, this is a function a lot of people have requested, but sadly has not been implemented (yet). The most logical workaround i know of is p-locking every step you allready set, so you can always adjust the entire track for the specific step youre working on. If all the steps are similar and you want to adjust just a single step, p-lock all the ‘normal’ trigs and adjust the whole track

If you have an external midi device you can try holding down the trig and sending the appropriate midi note. Works on analogs, might change your velocity on that step though…

1 Like

+1 for the Step+YES = Preview step

I make hiphop beats on the DT and use P-Lock for sample start to “chop” my samples.

The way i get around this, if i really dont want to listen to the entire sequence, is in :o: i FUNC+> or < to move the step to the start of the loop.
This works for me because the change in the sample is often towards the end of the second or the fourth bar, so it isnt for to far to move for me.

8 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that, at least it’s bit faster than listening to the whole thing. But still an unnecessary hassle, step preview needs to be added!

1 Like

Same here.
I thought I’d missed it in the manual. Essential function. Can’t believe it’s not possible.

4 Likes

What I’ve done is just work with the first trig on the first page, and then copy and paste it when it’s right. Not optimal, but it works.

3 Likes

+1 to this too, wasn’t something I ever considered until it was mentioned - but sounds like a great feature.

2 Likes

pretty clear this’d be great across all platforms, so +1 here too

2 Likes

Is this implemented yet? :x
Otherwise: +1 from me as well.

I really need this.

1 Like

How would this be implemented? Maybe hold the trigger and press yes?

So far, there is no way to previous steps that I’m aware of. Have you visited the official request thread?

1 Like

A few posts above and throughout the thread there is the suggestion to hold step and press yes .

4 Likes

If @Dataline requested this over a year ago and we still haven’t seen it yet, I don’t think it’s coming…

1 Like

trig+yes to preview trigs would be incredibly useful!

4 Likes

I mean this sounds stupid - I only got my Digitone recently - but how do you currently listen to the sound on a trig step without playing the sequence and/or shifting the position?
Was there any development of ANY kind on a solution for this?

1 Like

Ohh man, Trig+Yes is such a good idea! How can we make this happen?

4 Likes

Another +1 for trig+yes for step preview.
This and starting the playback of a pattern from a page different than the first one are the features I miss the most on the Digitakt.

5 Likes

Or some way to play from selected trig?

2 Likes

That would be excellent, especially if it acted like a one-shot whenver the trig was held down and the background pattern continued as normal once the trig was released. Like a Fill Mode on steroids — glitch heaven :hugs: