Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

It’s actually noone’s responsibility to publicly make a statement, he said in a previous post that they were looking for someone to do so, so there’s no need for the negativity. You complained about the absolute silence in a previous post(righfully so), but the way you responded doesn’t really encourage communication.

Also, on a more positive note, there’s a slight change in vocabulary (the testing part) in this last update which shows some improvement over the last time, which shows that OB is not a distant dream anymore, and I hope that would atleast lift your spirits a little.

2 Likes

Seriously! How did this not get picked up?!

3 Likes

the message from Simon isn’t really communication from the company, it’s not an authorised message and there’s no changes to the previous statements.

there are people in the business that are authorised to make a statement, the head of the project or the head of the company.

the people that work for elektron are adults, they shouldn’t need encouragement to have a proper product strategy and communication plan.

yes, i am negative, i was once positive about elektron, i made an investment in their product with excited optimism, but the lack of an authorised update makes me pessimistic about the chances of OB being released.

there should be more news by now.

Given the nature of many of the responses to their updates, I am pretty sure they aren’t gonna say boo until it’s ready for release. The fact that there is a build steady enough for widespread office testing tells me substantial progress has been made and they can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

“widespread office testing”, then beta testing, re-work, more testing, release to customers.

sounds like it should be another 2 weeks

Travel to Overbridge…

2 Likes

Yeah, realistically it’s probably somewhere between never and now, somewhere in that range…

4 Likes

Now you’re projecting your own wishes. Making stuff up based on words he did not say at all.

:nerd:

3 Likes

isn’t this a thread called ‘status update on overbridge’?

but there hasnt been a status update!

it’s great that Simon is sharing some insight into the workings of the team in the office, but it would be great if Elektron would post an official statement on the website. can’t think when the last ‘official update’ was posted, and i’m not talking about what goes on in Elektronauts.

as Simon has mentioned, it’s not his responsibility, but someone has responsibility for the OB project and they aren’t saying much!

How many times are you going to rewrite the same message? :slight_smile: Think it’s pretty clear by now how you feel about this situation.

6 Likes

The first post in this topic was the last official update on overbridge. It was a little over a month ago. Postings which are labeled news originate from elektron.

The status update is an update despite whether it’s what you want to hear or not.

are you happy with the progress of OB, Dave?
do you want OB?

Hey there, no need to dig deeper in this direction, I can only foresee pointless aggressiveness and frustration.
@Cstep333 you made your point, no need to hammer this nail again and again.

Let’s get back to the machines and make music, shall we ?

8 Likes

Yeap, really want OB.
I used to play games a lot and gamereleases got delayed all the time. I’m familiar with how hard it is to develop stable software as I work in IT. Incomparable to hardware development. Read something about “crunching” developers in the game development industry and you’ll understand how crazy it can get.

It is what it is, and being patient is all that we can do. In the meantime I’m preparing and creating a lot of grooves for a couple of live gigs I’ve coming up, so I’m enjoying the hell out of these DT’s. Besides that, the way I see it is it’s better to enjoy what I have instead of feeling frustrated about something I don’t.

8 Likes

Games dev here. Crunching is a horrible depressing experience.

People love to complain about pushed back deadlines but they also don’t want bugs. Sometimes it takes longer than planned to release polished, bug free software, it’s just a reality that I don’t think people want to hear.

No bug, only release. Ty.

6 Likes

the product scope for the DT and new version of OB has been in the works for probably 2 years now. i’ve had my fair share of experience in IT delivery. I know there will be a product manager for this and there will be a leader in the management team. but not a peep!

and it’s down to Cenk and Simon to keep the fans happy with the unofficial line, “we’re working hard, it’s coming”. I’ve also had the responsibility to tell customers that “the project/product will be late”, it’s not a nice position to be in to share that kind of news when peoples jobs are on the line.

we do have to be patient, but that doesn’t mean we have to be silent. i feel i have been forthright in my request, but not rude and it’s certainly not unreasonable to ask!

1 Like

As annoying as it is I would rather wait for an Overbridge that does what it says on the tin than something thats buggy and a new source of frustration.

Before you write me off as a fanboy I have a support ticket open thats been open for 2 full months now. It has finally been resolved but I am not very happy with the outcome.

Upgrading my Rytm to a MkII seemed like a no-brainer for me but given the issues I am just waiting and I may not even bother.

However I do believe they are trying to make sure that what they put out lives up to their reputation. So frustrating as it is, I would rather wait and get something that works properly.

1 Like

apologies for having a voice. i do make music. i’ve lugged the DT around to various gigs, just returning from the last tour of asia.

and i remember the disappointment that was on the previous thread (deleted now) when there was no mention of OB at superbooth, apart from the comments Cenk made.

The previous update thread was merely locked not deleted. It’s rather easy to search the forum and see it. It was locked because this new update thread was created.

Overbridge 2.0 has been a debacle, no need to create more drama by insinuating things which are not

3 Likes