Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

This is an incredibly ridiculous analogy…

Any right thinking person would immediately leave the theatre and get their money back. Which people should have done with their elektron devices.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. If you don’t care move along :wink:

Had Elektron told me in advance OB is still over a year out I would never have bought the boxes in the first place. Instead they mislead people and now we’re stuck with the boxes waiting, or we sell at a loss. Also btw it was super creepy that you counted how many posts I made. Who’s the one who’s obsessed…

Glad I creeped you out. Didn’t actually count though, if you hover over the avatar on a persons post it says how many replies they have made in a thread. Technology is rad.

Figured you wouldn’t be able to help yourself and would be responding again too…

Edit: Additionally most gear retailers have 30 day returns. If you have a product for thirty days and it still doesn’t suit your needs you should have returned it. It could always be purchased again later when it does suit your needs.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand “if you don’t care move along”, but why do you care kwamensah? Didn’t you sell your Elektron gear? Genuine question, why do you care?

Seems we have an analogy competition going, I’ll give it a try :grin:

I bought a guitar recently and was strumming away happily on it. Sounds great, really nice features and tone. It’s up to me to get good on it and really make it sing.

The vendor told me they had some newfangled technology i could pay extra for to route-out each individual string to a recording device on my computer.
I chuckled - I bought the guitar to get away from my computer and play all the strings together to make sweet music!

Anyway, when the vendor told me the new technology would be free, I was slightly more interested, but still enjoyed strumming away on my guitar, not quite seeing how the technology could be that helpful, though still nice to have.

Subsequently the new technology has been delayed, and now I’ve convinced myself my guitar is absolutely useless without it.

5 Likes

Everyone, please!

Stick to debating the topic and not trying to antagonize or wind up other members of the forum.

9 Likes

cheaper than therapy

2 Likes

Oh no ! My bad, I honestly didn’t think that the holliday season would affect development that much. I live in France, so work is as slow any day of the year. :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha :blush: yeah, if you ever wanna invade Sweden, hit us in July. Everything but the clubs are in maintenance mode, at best.

1 Like

This is maybe moreso for the Digitakt forum and off-topic the navel-gazing focus of this fidgetspinner ‘when will OB be released’ thread that we have no control over, but this week, as often happens, I had to travel for work and despite having a relatively responsible job that caused me to travel, beset with concerns about work issues, my main pre-departure worry was - if I just have carry-on luggage, what musical device to bring to make the hotel a bit more enjoyable? I think that is the right way to prioritise life’s challenges :grin:

OT or Digitakt.

I ended up taking the OT - so much more scope for arrangement, sample mangling, evolving composition.

Anyway, did that. And luckily got a few hours with a beer or three each evening having a lot of enjoyment.
But I didn’t really need to stretch it or use all its extra bits - I was just riffing with bits n pieces and doing moderate mangling. I missed the Digitakt reverb soup that takes you places quickly.
So, most daringly, next trip, which is for a solid 2 weeks on the road, despite my OT love, the Digitakt is getting to have a trip away instead.

Reasons:
The reverb
The simplicity
The buttons
The recognition that I’m aiming to have fun making a few multitrack riffs for 30 minute bursts not orchestrate a complete piece
The compactness.

There you go - Digitakt is now top of my pile again, ready for a holiday when all the other elektrons get to stay at home.

I feel like it is akin to another sequel to Toy Story. Who gets picked as the favourite toy?

Two weeks is going to be a long time, and the major apocalyptic aspect is I will have no laptop. Just the Digitakt, an OP-1 and an iPad. I am going to regret no OT. But, DT is the elektron that will travel.

I have a Digitone, which is a truly lovely thing - but when wanting to etch a musical sketch - for next few weeks, my limited freetime indulgence is going to be Digitakt…

I feel a sense of freedom posting this as my belief is that most lucky elektron owners are similar pointless noodlers like myself, walter mitty composers enjoying being in the zone, rather than professional musicians requiring industrial strength gear to make it happen - though I may be wrong! Each to one’s own.

3 Likes

Status update on Digitakt’s pile place ? :slight_smile:

ha - it is a ‘desert island elektron’ question. You can bring one machine, which one gets to come?

Very must 1st world problems! Absolute truth is I’d bring a guitar over anything else, but they are so damn big!

1 Like

Ukulele.

1 Like

you’re right - my 7 year old somehow manage to break the bridge on mine.

there is something about bending strings, strumming and picking, that puts a 600 year old wooden box design with a fretboard above all other machines.

Heh. I was on a desert island a month ago.

Aruba. Totally overrated. Which I had my OT MKII :wink:

3 Likes

I’m still rocking a Mk 1. OT is an astoundingly ever-enjoyable piece of gear. Tempted by the Mk2 livery and lights, but the Mk 1 is so close. And it has a bigger screen!

I remember watching the Hector vids when it came out first thinking it was sort of a techno hardware ableton DJ stem player machine.

Unless elektron are farsighted geniuses, I always think it was and is an accidental piece of art in its capabilities and how it has been used.

Anyway, Digitakt has its little bag packed and OT is staying at home for the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes

From manual :

LOOPER DEVICE
RADICAL SOUND PROCESSOR
BACKING TRACK MACHINE
LIVE SETUP HUB
REMIX TOOL
EFFECTS UNIT EXTRAORDINAIRE

1 Like

True - it blows my mind when a manufacturer knows exactly what it is creating and it turns out to be so good, deserving of cultish reverence and forward thinking.
For me OP-1 is another (there are some sort of elektron-teenage engineering shared roots if I vaguely recall), Axoloti is another.

Critter’s Organelle is pretty special - at first I thought it was an expensive alternative to Rasberrying my way into a DIY box, but actually it is worth the money to just have it all done, made, hooked up and in a nice box, defining its own framework and usage parameters for PD. soldering and cutting aluminium is fun but very time consuming to get it anywhere that you can store in hand luggage.

Just to keep on topic before the police get here … still looking forward to OB; any good stuff I do come up with will be more of a breeze to transfer to my PC for a full production workout when I’m feeling like a proper producer.

4 Likes

Afrika Hitech