Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

2 Likes

highly doubt that

Part of good corporate philosophy should also be to not promote and hype something that isnt ready yet, unless you are 100% it will be. Keeping things to youself is the way to go imo but then its hard to make money in advance of a product if no one knows it exists yet.

3 Likes

Of course it would. Are employees just going to disregard their passion for making instruments and go work in a supermarket? They use the knowledge theyve learned, contacts theyve made and probbaly try to start something with likeminded workmates.
Itā€™s just what happens when a company goes kaput.

Again, I am absolutely sure that Elektron wasnā€™t doing this on purpose and they indeed suffer from the situation. Life sometimes is easier with some understanding and not with anger. For me, Elektron brings joy and music to my house - even without OB. And with the latest firmware update it has hardly any bugs (my user profile). So why not just enjoying what you have and having trust in the vendor youā€™d spend money on?

1 Like

ā€œHas Overbridge become British?ā€ :smiley:

4 Likes

Harsh but honestly pretty fair at this point. Multiple stated and missed release dates and almost no evidence that it even exists in a functional form. We need something here to believe that itā€™s actually going to happen.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they will deliver. Of course itā€™s bad marketing, but situations like that may arise and Elektron is not a big company.

I guess one of the lead devs went away and they had to find a replacement. Or something like that, could even be an illness or worse.

The bad marketing is probably to have produced another box in the meantime, and not to put a big warning on their website (you have to click twice to know that OB is postponed).

All the banter we do here wonā€™t make things change anyway. I just wish they were more transparent so we could have a big picture of the tasks being done. NI Maschine is great from that point of view: they have an iteration every two weeks with a list of all that has been addressed. FL Studio devs are also pretty transparent on their forum. But thatā€™s the exception, not the rule.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Born in 1981 - On the Fringe

I am pleased to announce that Overbridge will be released imminently!

How do I know?

Well, after being fed up with my Analog Rytm MK II sitting on my desk unused for over three months, because I was unable to use the multiple audio outs via USB/Overbridge as advertised; I have given in and purchased an additional audio interface and multiple cables to allow me to use the eight analogue outs.

So, after forking out for this extra kit it goes without saying that Overbridge will now be released!!

13 Likes

ā€œapplauseā€

:smile:

1 Like

Overbridge

Bottom Text

1 Like

My bet is that some of the Elektron acts will use Digitakt with OB on stage at SB18 plus OB presentation With Cenk, Simon and Carl.

ā€œOn top of that Cenk, Simon and will join Carl-Mikael from Cabinet of Curiosities for an Elektron session in the Auditorium. This takes place on Thursday, May the 3rd at 17.00.ā€

Simon and ? :rofl:

1 Like

your words are highly speculative. furthermore it sounds like you can look into the future.

guys, build a bridge and get overbridge. wait wut

So my post received five upvotes yet was hidden ā€œby the communityā€. Righto. Thatā€™s definitely not shutting down dissenting views, eh?

upvotes are from some people, flagging is from other people

The thing is, MOST of the people on here who have an ā€œOB-enabledā€ product are just as upset about it. Pretty much everyone has vented and ā€œbeen there, done that.ā€ Many have found, shockingly, ways to use their device and be happy even without OB. Many have decided to sell and move on but I suspect a good chunk would buy again once OB is released & stable.

At this point OB has become more of a joke, a memeā€¦ a painful one, and Iā€™m sure Elektron is not happy about it any more than we are. But itā€™s a way to cope and keep things interesting while waiting!

Point is, the frustration is there for most everyone in this thread. To be angry and upset about OB and to be very vocal about it is not a dissenting view, as @anokah already commented on as well.

But not all is bad and there is still a lot to defend. To come on here and call everyone fanboys is pretty insulting and shows you really donā€™t know the full story hereā€¦

6 Likes

Doesnā€™t matter how many likes or up votes a post has. If three people in the community flag it, it gets hidden.

Calling users fanboy is a quick way to get post flagged.

4 Likes

I think I donā€™t really need Overbridge (for the moment?) , as I didnā€™t even tried it having A4 and AH, but I totally understand upset people wanting setups with DAWs, and the marketing problem with Overbridge Compatibility thing. Especially for Digitakt.

I just can say Iā€™m an recent (3years) fanboy of old Elektron gear beginning with Octatrack, and Iā€™m totally sure they are doing the best to make Overbridge work a soon as possible. How can it be different if they want to continue?

Time it takes for Overbridge it quite funny, when you donā€™t need itā€¦ :grimacing:
I already have a better sound card with very low latency, Iā€™d rather do the A4 MkI mod :wink:

1 Like

anyone whoā€™s been waiting patiently for Overbridge, will you be going to Superbooth?

if so, can you ask Elektron, WTF is happening?

2 Likes