Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Nah, I wanna see how many posts we can get in here. It had died down for a bit, and then exploded after Superbooth. I think what someone said above is right. Best to contain this vitriol to one thread instead of it spilling out everywhere. On IG literally every post has people replying “when is overbridge coming”. That kinda tells you how many people are truly upset about this.

harrassing elektron is not going to make whatever technical debt that needs addressing disappear any faster. it just makes the job of developers more stressful. what would be preferable in my mind is if they had released beta candidates for people to find bugs, although if there are show-stopping firmware bugs then that would indicate they are not ready for that.

8 Likes

I don’t disagree with you. I’m just saying there is a complete lack of customer service here that ALSO needs to be addressed, and this topic will continue to fester like an unkept wound until that is handled.

1 Like

Speak for yourself. Who is WE ??? There are people like YOU which can’t make a single beat without OB and a USB cable in general and are just annoying with the gazillions’ “I’m angry”-post. Then there are OTHERS which communicate their concerns in a constructive and positive manner. And there a guys like me which are not amused about the whole situation but still realize that I actually can’t change the situation and I’ll have to wait. Meanwhile I’ll do my best with these machines in their current state.

Your constant complaints won’t change any fuggin thing.

Oh, I’m a customer too…

8 Likes

The old Buddhist saying ‘it is what it is’ comes to mind.

As far as I recall the struggles with overbridge were obvious at the time it was announced that there would not be a charged version. Horizonless delay was clear to all.

So it is hard to swallow that people are believing themselves to be sitting in front of a complete brick that they dispute the entire value of because OB isn’t out yet.

As part of your purchase what fraction of it was the OB bit and how much is the delay crippling your enjoyment of the rest of the machine that works?

2 Likes

hey ya know what is funny? I just sampled some Trump clips and will remix and slice for some wacky tunes on my OT!

1 Like

Sweden has a long holiday weekend per the notice on the Elektron support page.

1 Like

I know, one of my tickets is 2 months old.

How you extrapolated that from my response is beyond me. Chill with the anger dude, no one is telling you what you have to do with the the gear you own. you made an unfunny joke, sorry.

To be fair to Elektron support, they have been responsive and super helpful to me when I had issues. I think after more time with my OT and A4 then I can whip up some tasty beats. Love having a pure hardware platform free of the PC and DAW.

2 Likes

Could you summarize the ticket and identify the parts not already addressed publicly?

1 Like

To clarify, whenever I had technical issues, (except my a4 direct out cable issue) they have been addressed swiftly. But Simon suggested communicating customer service issues via ticket regarding this Overbridge delay, and I’m just saying that it yields no results. There isn’t any attempt for accountability on the part of the company to rectify the customer service impacts these delays have had.

1 Like

What I’m asking for is accountability. What will Elektron do to make this situation better. There are many other ways in which this company is great, including the quality of it’s products, but this situation has seriously damaged how some customers view it.

1 Like

How would you like to see that accountability expressed?

Like a more detailed account of who the developers are, their credentials, the managers project plan, the current issues list?

Not being facetious but I don’t want to see any of that. I just read Simons post above, see Cenks vid at Superbooth and … it is what it is. I’m not permanently at a loss due to lack of OB, it’s coming.

If they announce it is never coming - that’s different!
I’ll have timestretch on the DT and user wave tables on the A4 please to make up for my loss :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here we go

1 Like

+1 for timestrech :slight_smile: :

1 Like

And sample zoom

1 Like

And a faux analog distortion option instead of the bit reduction

1 Like

Well, for me, as a RYTM MKII user, I would love for them to release Dual VCO. Maybe a free sound pack. I don’t know, something. Right now, what’s happening is a stonewall. Sorry, it’s not ready, it’s complicated, we don’t know when it will be ready, be patient. I think everyone here knows that what they promised with Overbridge was ambitious and get that it’s no simple task to complete. But we have two missed deadlines now and no idea when it will be completed. There has to be some kind of accountability to the customer for this.

3 Likes

I hit 1900!

Ok next hundred posts are all to start with:

“If Overbridge gets cancelled, here’s one consolation that I want instead…”

My contribution:

Overbridge becomes hardware: the electron mixer.
Formfactor: DT/DN
USB host to Elektron boxes.
8 audio I/O
2x aux sends
Sequences plock of sends
Native chorus reverb filters (digital heat)
Record separate tracks to sd