Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Aboard the Elektron Mothership they’re frantically trying to sort things out, but unforeseen phenomena have had them perplexed to say the least… Will they subdue and harness the power of their experiment gone wild by Superbooth? :thinking:

3 Likes

a jam session, usually a few talented people playing various instruments together.

for elektron, this could mean - look we have some strawberry jam, we have some raspberry jam and here’s Cenk with some marmalade!

2 Likes

Marmalade, I like marmalade… :joy:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Marmalade

1 Like

jam = unable to move or work… Overbridge jam!

3 Likes

Lol yep

So, let me get this right… Elektron is going to jam a whole bunch of people into their space at Superbooth, then have an impromptu jam to celebrate, then announce that due to a jam, Overbridge is unable to work and won’t be available for a while, but to console the huddled mass, they are going to provide jam to everyone?

Fuck me. We’re through the looking glass here people. All aboard.

10 Likes

to top it off Paul Weller and co. will reform The Jam.

5 Likes

20180503_130206

6 Likes

In 12 hours we find out if a bunch of Elektron customers are happy, or whether we see a flood of Elektron products on the used market lol

4 Likes

Hopefully we don’t have fisticuffs in the booth
Wonder if Simon has been working on his right hook :joy:

2 Likes

Elektron have a big announcement! Stay Tuned

Live Steam

A projector plays a collage of the digiboxes and mk2 with the border of what looks like a computer monitor

A silhouette passes over the bridge built around the Elektron setup- the figure does a backflip and propels down from the bridge to the Elektron stage.

That figure is Cenk, and with elation he says into the camera: “WE’RE WORKING ON IT!”

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Srsly tho- people will be mighty annoyed if there isn’t at least some VISUAL of OB

I dunno
Is it better to be teased like that :joy:
There could be a riot in the booth
Shit that would be funny as hell
I can see it now
‘Breaking news: Suspected terrorist attack at Superbooth…oh wait no it seems it is just disgruntled Elektron customers’

4 Likes

Lol at this point if they don’t deliver I think most would consider this a complete failure to deliver. Though my buddy was telling me about a module he ordered from a guy that took 3 years to get delivered. Fuck me…

2 Likes

Well, there will be some kind of visuals on their product boxes (Overbridge enabled) :wink:

4 Likes

Every user in the “jam” using a different laptop, each with a different device connected to their laptop through Overbridge but connected to the others’ hardware through the midi ports with zero latency.

I can dream…But I know it’s possible.

oh god, I can already see it. During the jam session Cenk shows us all what we want and then says… “and this is the new Overbridge 2 you’re seeing here…it can do x and y and z”… then he takes questions. when will it be out? " in the near future. stay tuned "

2 Likes

…Only if they’re introducing the Elektron Time Machine in order to take us to “near future.”