Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

DIdt get any emails about is updates.

Under promise and over deliverā€¦simple rule of business i knowā€¦but that saidā€¦

i admire the ambitions of Elektron. And im greatful for any synth company making cool toys that bring joy to users and joy to music loversā€¦

Elektron are not alone. My Waldorf Blofeld packaging states ā€œvocoderā€ as an atributeā€¦never happendā€¦! Still a great synth.

Im still beta testing a working version of a vst controller for my sub phatty nearly 10 years after i bought itā€¦still a work of ARTā€¦

Access Virus Snow can only manage to stream 1 stereo channel instead of the promised 3 Audio stems into my DAW or its sync is severely drunkā€¦still use it everyday and would never sell itā€¦

My point is work with what does work! And stop bitching. No one moaning here realises how lucky they are to be alive at this time with so many brilliant tools at thier disposal. Synths are like children (i have 4 children and about 20 synths) they all have strengths and areas they could improve. But i like to focus on the strengths of my children and synths and not drag down by focusing on lackā€¦or where they need to improve.

Digitakt is an awesome toolā€¦im finding new ways to use it all the timeā€¦if and when overbridge hits it will be a bonus maybe. But until then shake it off and make some tunes instaed of moaning.

Get off the legal action train of thought. What if all Blofeld buyers rallied together and sued Waldorf for faulse advertising after they just came back from dead? What if Elektron shut up shop tommorrow and stopped making cool toys? Would that make you all happy ir sad?

5 Likes

There has to be a middle ground though. There is a resounding sentiment that elektron has broken our trust. Thatā€™s something they need to win back.

6 Likes

Hey ! Keep the faithā€¦ even Duke Nukem forever finally came out. Ok, it was a shitty game and none was waiting for it anymore butā€¦ uhā€¦ ohā€¦ you get the point. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I see what you did there :stuck_out_tongue:

But at least weā€™re getting all those sound packs! So not everything is that bad.

good news guys. Overbridge is finally finished. The problem is they are using C6 to upload it to the Elektron site so itā€™s going to take about 7 months before its up

15 Likes

Oh You ! :joy:

2 Likes

Ok, my post was shitty, but I get part credit for creating that tagline. I need this in my life.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the guys at :3lektron: are doing their best to deliver OB.

The issue here is the marketing blunder. They probably have thousands of units in stores with boxes that have the ā€œseamless integration with Overbridgeā€ text on them. Removing OB from the website would send a bad message and would also introduce more inconsistencyā€¦ Itā€™s either total commitment or total recall. I guess they are going with the former.

And this all kind of tells me that they must be close to a release, as this situation canā€™t be maintained indefinitely. Fingers crossed! :hamburger:

1 Like

Soooo funnyā€¦ how serious people are taking thisā€¦

Middle ground? That is the language of justiceā€¦ ā€œBroken trustā€ is the language of victim. ā€œWinning backā€ is the language of competitorsā€¦what im suggesting is the language of artistsā€¦ ā€œcreateā€ ā€œcollaberateā€ make something from nothingā€¦! Have some funā€¦paint your knees blue and make a song you will all feel better.

Its not a competition for who is the biggest victimā€¦?

first world problem reallyā€¦there are people not eating today if you are looking for a middle groundā€¦use that as your reference point and see where your compass pointsā€¦

instead of investing your energy in letting us all know how hard done by you are.
Write a track about itā€¦post thatā€¦i will hear you through the language of the birdsā€¦it may create some real changeā€¦even if you need to record claping sticks to tape because your digitakt is full and you cant back it upā€¦anything that contributes something would be better than vomiting smallness on a forumā€¦i get u r angry and feel like u r owed more than u received ā€¦but use itā€¦to contributeā€¦

learn code. Become a developer and write overbridge from scratchā€¦ anything other than the language of defeatā€¦

Please? Anyone? Haha

4 Likes

Everyone who predicted that Overbridge would cause disruption for Elektron, the hardware and the customers, were saying so out of nothing other than concern, it is now apparent that these concerns were not only justified, but also that the amount of disruption was under estimated.

What I find puzzling is why Elektron didnā€™t anticipate the problems, why they felt there was a need for Overbridge in the first place, why as a predominately hardware company they decided to develop the software in house, and crucially how they intend to keep Overbridge (once it finally arrives) compatible with multiple desktop operating systems and multiple DAW platforms - it seems to be a big ask, and one which Iā€™m not convinced is easily resolved, which is concern again.

I also think that as a company Elektron should send communications to retailers informing them that Overbridge is not ready and that retailers do not advertise the false illusion that it is available now, Elektron also should remove any potentially misleading content from their homepage and packaging.

I hope that Elektron will be able to resolve these problems.

5 Likes

I can understand though. I donā€™t really care much for Overbridge as for me it really is a bonus. But I purchased Live last year and had a bunch of issues with MIDI CC in Windows that were aknowledged by Ableton support and made it basically unusable for me. I really felt ripped off of a thousand bucks (Suite + Push). I sold the whole thing as a result.

In the end it all comes down to peopleā€™s expectations. I was expecting nothing as I bought the Digitakt out of sheer curiosity while strolling in a music store. But people that were expecting a specific workflow THAT HAD BEEN ADVERTISED must feel pretty ripped off.

1 Like

Retailers totally know, dudes working in gear shops are the biggest gear junkies of all. Absolutely no doubt that they know this, making money now isnā€™t about honesty and thatā€™s all anyone cares about. Elektron down to the shop selling it. If itā€™s grey area nobody is going to lean towards the side where the customer doesnā€™t pay and it will remain that way until forced to change. imo 1 person actually taking legal action is worth a million pissed off customers but nobody is going to try to be that 1 person so itā€™s not going to change

1 Like

Could offer a free soundpack or something for the wait.

Everything you said, the language of an apologist so doesnā€™t believe in corporate accountability.

2 Likes

Depends which shop. Some do some donā€™t. I know one of my local shop has seen an influx of new people.

Exactly. Simple rule, donā€™t write checks your a** canā€™t cash. Donā€™t advertise something you donā€™t have. And Shame on people saying ā€œwell it happens elsewhere in the industryā€. Access doesnā€™t have my business because of their blunders. Same with Dave Smith. And Rolandā€¦

I expect Elektron to be better than that. They have been in the past. Still canā€™t backup samples from the digitakt. Still canā€™t stream. Still canā€™t use it as an audio interface. Just the basic stuff thatā€™s on the packaging you still canā€™t do. Not even including the vst/standalone app. Itā€™s been a year now. I get these things take time, but either release the product when itā€™s finished or donā€™t advertise things that arenā€™t finished.

5 Likes

My experience is that even music shop employees donā€˜t know enough about elektron gear and they donā€˜t stop offering jobs to me ā€¦ Iā€˜m a former SAE audio engineer student and itā€˜s part of our job to know as much as we can about every gear!
Depends on their personal interest, but nobody told me that the information provided outside the box of actual elektron machines is wrong or misleading ā€¦

I think hereā€˜s the point to differ!
The guys in shops are salesman, they will not tell you about bugs or non working funtions which where advertised aslong you buy that stuff!
After all you can contact elektron customer service, but for them the most important part is selling!

Itā€˜s the job of elektron to provide all important informations and not hiding it in forums or at the end of the product information!

I still think elektron is the cutting edge in electronic drum technology, but theyā€˜ve done many things wrong in the last months and even hardcore ā€žfanboysā€œ feel cheated ā€¦

Very interesting what will happen as next and how they will get the trust of their users back ā€¦

1 Like

Hopefully some revolutionary new feature updates as an apology :wink:

1 Like