Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Yes, it really should be made accessible to the computer as a USB drive.

4 Likes

Jeeeez mate, could you be any more high and mighty :laughing:

I donā€™t get the people demanding the OB update and saying that it is essential for their workflow. OB hasnā€™t been out for long enough and it has been too problematic to become part of a lot of peopleā€™s established workflow.

• What about users of DT & DN where OB is the only way to track out the individual tracks. If you want to perform your track (which you need to do anyway because there is no song mode), you need OB for the individual channels. There is no way you can replicate a 5 min performance 8-12 times while using features like cntrl+all.
3 Likes

the community doesnā€™t like to be called names, fanboy especially seems to be insulting around here. but why pretend you did not know what you were posting or the intended effect of it?

2 Likes

Perhaps consider cutting him some slack. People can tease a bit without having malicious intent behind everything. This is an international board with a wide age range and differing amounts of time spent on the internet. Not everybody got the memo about it being a trigger word. I did not know it was such an offensive term until very recently.

4 Likes

Have you looked at the original post that that notification was sent for?

No one calls anyone a fanboy and means it positively. Letā€™s not pretend.

2 Likes

@jefones

This one? Iā€™ve seen much worse around here. Much much worse. Extreme passive aggressive and condescending posters all the time. Somebody being a bit snarky and lolā€™ing doesnā€™t really get under my skin. But I understand we are all different. What offends some doesnā€™t offend others. Which is why I, for one, wonā€™t use the term again now that I know. Maybe drone_head wonā€™t either.

I donā€™t know, I see a lot of mean-spiritedness around here, way more than I see the term f----y. Itā€™s easy to police certain terms, sure. But mean-spiritedness, condescension, passive aggressiveness, all that stuff is much harder to stop, and in my opinion does way more damage to the atmosphere of a forum than a couple of trigger words. If youā€™ve been here a while it starts to be apparent which posters have these tendencies, over and over.

For the record, I didnā€™t say it was used positively, did I? I just mean that not everyone knows or understands the apparent severity of the term. And once they know, maybe theyā€™ll be cool and not use it. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m trying to say. I hope you can understand my meaning. I mean you no ill will and went out of my way to try and explain myself. Perhaps I still did not do a good enough job. Take care.

7 Likes

thereā€™s a new Update for the Digitakt available. OS 1.06. Just wanted to let you know, in case you havent noticed while you are busy throwing words at each other :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe I was a little to short with my words. Didnā€™t really mean them to be harsh. Apologies.

Just getting tired of people around here pretending like they donā€™t know when they are starting to get offensive. Meh.

No apology necessary! I hear you. Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all been in situations, especially on the internet, where there is no voice tone or body language, where our words and intentions were misinterpreted, sometimes drastically. Iā€™ve been on both sides. Which is why I go out of my way to try and remember to give the benefit of the doubt. Iā€™ve read your posts. I know youā€™re a smart dude. Not trying to lecture, just getting my thoughts out. Thanks for listening.

1 Like

Troubling news indeed and does not cast Elektron in a very good light.

2 Likes

Itā€™s more than a bit late for that. Thereā€™s been multiple incidents already for them to learn to avoid this and at this point itā€™s veering into the unreasonable.

2 Likes
![IMG_1482|281x499](upload://9Ab4zdzy6u0aU0cwAGVZw2lPTyP.jpg)

From StoreDJ in Australiaā€¦

/w a long wait without any updates for month !!!

RYTM & A4 still not even vaguely working in Logic Pro X with Overbridge. :frowning:

Clicks, pops and CPU dropouts abundant when used in Live.

I really want to love these things but a large part of my reason for purchase was the DAW integration which many years on still doesnā€™t work as advertised.

Great instruments but the workflow I was promised still hasnā€™t materialised and Iā€™m considering cutting me losses.

2 Likes

agree. But sometimes we get the clipping on sound locks. Beside that and the missing midi dump (putting OVB out of the equation, obviously), DN is pretty ok.

im a total elektron fanboy.
unashamedly.

its an addiction :mask:

1 Like

Did anyone see anything from Elektron about the progress? Feels really strange to post about the delays, mods close (and later open) the thread but then nothing from them, whatā€™s the point of the statement then? Canā€™t they see the frustration happening here?

Of course they seeā€¦ but its not ready its not ready. And although frustration, people from here who know the case continue to order from them which i think defeat a part of the power a "community"can haveā€¦ seeing this result, from a marketing pov, its surely best investment to dedicate most of the dev team on future product dev instead of fixing what is already soldā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing left to be said. Only ā€œOverbridge is now availableā€. Anything less than that will start another war.

Well, to be honest Iā€™m still waiting for an actual explanation, sneak peek or something. Whatā€™s the progress and what can we expect. I really doubt they expected such an outcry but itā€™s only their fault on how they communicated the message. I would merely call it a status update, it really doesnā€™t say anything about STATUS, features, etc.

1 Like

by what they were saying at namm id say its nearly ready but they aint gonna give another date after missing 2 deadlines.