Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

The OT as the monolith is so good, hilarious… :joy:

1 Like

I was writing the 2000th without knowing it but @leehu has been faster.

Thanks for sharing my video homie. Appreciated.

3 Likes

I’m not going to watch it all, but how can this video possibly be 27 minutes long? What is there to say? “Some people don’t realise Overbridge isn’t out yet. And lots of people are annoyed it’s been delayed so much. So don’t buy if you’re going to really need to use it.”

I mean, no offence to the guy for posting it - totally fair to do so and warn others. But… 27 minutes?

2 Likes

Lol you have no idea how many people say I look like Mac. I’m fine with it though, he’s my favorite next to Charlie.

I have a bad habit of rambling in my videos, especially when I’m upset or excited haha. The first 5-7 minutes is the most important I guess, the rest is just ramblings and other examples of why these situations fail without proper communication.

4 Likes

That would be me, homie. I read here a lot but don’t post all too often.

I thought about trading the DT for an OT MKi but honestly I have just been a little bitter with Elektron so I traded it for a Push 2 to get my DAW workflow back up to what I like. I’ll try the OT someday but I’m willing to wait till the MKII’s get ironed out first.

1 Like

Omfg I just realized. None of my guitars has overbridge! This has to be the reason my music sucks and I’m not able to finish my tracks. Obviously I have to sell them. See you in court, fender!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Like somebody is going to listen to Overbridge enabled music :notes:

:crazy_face:
:snail:

1 Like

Do your guitars still have all advertised features?

Man, if they would release the api and someone wrote drivers so i could get individual tracks into ableton I’d stfu forever since that’s all I really care about.

1 Like

Exactly. Comparing synths and guitars is asinine. That’s like comparing modern computers with a typewriter.

1 Like

Totally get it. By the way don’t worry about people criticising it being a 27 minute video, people have been bitching here several times a day for like 6+ months. At least your vid informs people who aren’t already into elektron. Breaks my heart but I think I’m about to sell my OT out of neccesity. it’s that or my maschine mk3 and with what I can do ITB it just doesn’t make sense to get rid of the perfect controller. Really struggling to decide, I love both

All complaining and joking aside… There is :moneybag: to be made with Overbridge and a few or more DT’s.

Time will tell of course and speculating always involves risks… but buying a few mint DT’s from unsatisfied customers and reselling them when OB is ready and rocking the DAW’s as never seen before might result in a nice paycheck.

1 Like

Arturia annonced it’s Audiofuse Soundcard in 2015, with pre-orders. Released 2 years and a half after !
The next Tuesday 21st is in august ! :slight_smile:

yeah, except very few are actually selling

1 Like

I left my house and am car camping right now and put all my studio in storage… No way I’d sell any of it…
I’ll make some more money and get another place to setup… :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry to say that, but that’s completely nonsense. There is hard to design and make hardware and there is hard to design and make software. I’ve done both in my lifetime and neither one is more complicated than the other. It just requires different skill sets.

And, please, don’t compare some easy to develop apps which just mangles some midi or sysex with developing the hardware driver(s) required for OB. That’s a completely different task and a complete different kind of complexity.

1 Like