Starting playback from another page than page 1?

Is there a way to start playback from another page than page 1 for a certain pattern? I’m doing patterns that are 4 pages long, and having to sit through three pages just to hear what the changes I made on page 4 sounds like is not really my idea of effective workflow.

1 Like

there is not

2 Likes

That was fast :stuck_out_tongue:

you can copy the page you want to focus on to a separate one page pattern while editing and then paste it back into yr main pattern when it wets your whistle

4 Likes

Not sure how extensive the arranger/song mode is in A4 (and I hear it’s gutted compared to MnM and OT which is all I got) but it may be possible that way. Go into song mode, tell it to play pattern A1 starting at step 17 for instance… Loop that part

Not on analog’s song mode… No length or offset parameters… There are ways to work around that, but off topic…

2 Likes

I don’t think I can do that in song mode.

1 Like

Oh okay then I got a solution:

Buy an Octatrack, put it in arranger mode and send program changes to the A4 :stuck_out_tongue:

That wouldn’t work either. After a program change it starts on page 1. The only possibility is copying pages around.

But:

You can split patterns which are longer than one page into 1-page-patterns (or use only 1-page patterns from the start). Utilizing the song mode the workflow wouldn’t be much different. For example: split a 4-page pattern into 4 patterns which uses the same kit (so the track sounds are the same). Looping the 4 patterns can then be done with the song mode.

3 Likes

If you’re only working on one track at a time, it’s not toooo much trouble to shift the sequence manually by holding shift and left or right. This becomes a pain if you want to work on multiple tracks though…