Start silent

Hello everybody,

i have a question about tracks start silent or not in patterns…
I use a Aaki midimix for playing live and let’s say i want track 1-4 to play in pattern 1 and mix in track 5-8 also in pattern 1.
After i want to switch to pattern 2 (i’ve copied pattern 1 to pattern 2, also copied part 1 to part 2) and in pattern 2 i want tracks 5-8 to play as i was playing in the end of pattern 1 …
And so on…
i want to save the volumes so i can go on in a new pattern where i stopped in the previous pattern and mix in new track, then again go to a new pattern and play the tracks of the previous pattern …
I tried to save the pattern when i set the volumes of each track right but somehow it looks like it changes all the time …
Anyone ?

Are you using different PARTS on these new patterns?

Yes, i use 1 Pattern for each Bank, not using the Parts actually…
So i copy Part 1 to a new Bank each time, start over with the tracks i was playing in the previous pattern and mix in new Tracks i added in the copied Part

Well, if you’re not using different parts than you don’t need to copy the parts, that is for sure. If you have PLOCKS on your patterns that you’re copying than that is why the volumes are changing.

i don’t get it …
Isn’t there a way i can do a setting that volumes are zero when my faders of my midimix are also zero ?
Or is there a way i can save pattern when faders are up or down on my midimix, so when i reach the pattern the volumes follow the stand of the faders ?

You could work only with the Midimix, never adjust levels on the Octatrack directly. Then levels should correspond to the fader settings, but as soon as you load a different part or bank that has different levels set, OT and Midimix will differ.
Briefly touching all faders would set OTs level to the fader’s position, but ofc this wouldn’t make much sense if you want to have different settings on another bank on the OT.

Does you controller have a pickup or catch mode? If it has, you wouldn’t encounter parameter jumps at least.

A midi controller with motor faders or endless rotary encoders that receives parameter feedback (so every time you make adjustments on the OT the changes are sent to the midi controller) could solve the problem.
Behringers BCR2000 and BCF2000 aren’t expensive.
When you load a new part or bank, you can send a midi message from the controller (mapped to a buttton preferably) to request all parameters from the OT.

Have you considered using the transition trick?

This might be the answer to your need, I believe. Beware, it might totally change your workflow :wink:

Another way would be to use the two stereo outs, and sending the tracks from the right to the Cue while sending the left part to the Main, and use Scenes and Xfader to mix your tracks…
Do you use Scenes?

I do use scenes for a transition trick with my Rytm…