Standalone Maschine+

So, i read your post on maschine forum,

“Says connecting then says not connected”

That is what happened on my unit to, but after that message it “magicaly” jumped to the next part of the initial process. weird.

1 Like

No such luck here, and sweetwater won’t have more in stock until the 7th. I’m going to keep trying over the weekend, if no luck it goes back Monday

1 Like

I don’t have an M+ but I have used Reaktor pretty heavily stretching back to when R4 was first released. I wouldn’t say I was an expert builder - rather I’m an enthusiastic tinkering. I would probably reckon that ensembles that have complicated interfaces (like a lot of the Twisted Tools stuff) are more likely to be complicated to get working. If it just has more straight-forward knobs and sliders then there is less scope for complication. I also really struggled with ensembles that used sample maps back in the early days of Reaktor so maybe best avoiding those too.

Some suggestion I’d make if you’re looking for stuff to test would be:

From the factory library:

Carbon - the original to C2 and I always found it more straightforward
Steam Pipe 2 - physical modelling synth
Subharmonic - additive/format synth
Banaan Electrique - multi-fx/guitar amp
Space Master 2 - reverb

From the user library:

GaymeSistem - chip tune synth
FatCat - minimoog emulation that won’t hammer your CPU like Monark will
Bit Designer - distortion based on the OTO Biscuit

And then it’s also worth checking out Boscomac’s ensembles - http://boscomac.free.fr/

1 Like

Carbon - Yes
Steam Pipe 2 - Yes
Subharmonic - Yes
Banaan Electrique - Yes
Space Master 2 - Yes

Those work “out-of-box” no setup needed. Just copy the Reaktor Factory Content to your “User Content” on M+ .

So it seems, all the Reaktor Factory Content is working, at least all i tried.

There are many Drum machine type of devices … Oh man … :metal:

Update

GaymeSistem - Yes
FatCat - Yes
Bit Designer - Yes

These run after “preparing” them for M+ in Reaktor. Controls are not setup for Maschine. so no / weird names for parameters etc. but workable.

Update 2:

But I also found a “show stopper” problem
Perhaps other M + owners could join in and try the following.

Yesterday I tried to run the Reaktor Factory Library on M +, so far so good, most instruments / FX etc., if not all ensembles work “out of the box”. However, it appears that Reaktor cannot load these instruments / fx / etc. If you reload the project, Reaktor will be loaded, but the presets / your settings on the instrument will not be saved with the project. Worse, the instruments make no sound until you load another instrument on the same track and then reload the desired instrument. So it cannot be used in any scenario until this gets fixed somehow.

6 Likes

That is amazing. Thanks for checking

2 Likes

Ugh. GC down the street from me has them available. But I just learned you can’t assign external midi controller knobs to parameters in the standalone Maschine. That’s how I like to work. Twist knobs while changing patterns. Ugh

Still can’t get WiFi. NI support non existent right now

1 Like

I feel your pain…

1 Like

It worked last time. Let’s go 2 for 2:

1 Like

What time is it at their main office?

945 in LA, there Us based. I guess I should be more patient lol

Not trying to be rude, but 2 hours isn’t a long time to be frustrated about, especially if you opened a ticket. Also the tickets go to the German team in most cases, as its almost 7pm there. Most companies will resolve in about 24-48 hours and some even longer. I even had Apple take a week to finally get around to sorting me out. With that said, NI support chat opens at 1pm PT and that is the time you’ll get a live person, I chatted with someone yesterday and they were really helpful.

5 Likes

Not rude, you are right. I’m being impatient and unfair. What frustrates me is they only have live people available 3 hours a day, and I’m at work those hours.

5 Likes

Contact support Chat at 1pm+ PST time on the NI site

For Reaktor blocks - I need to do some more testing, but dropping them into the “Reaktor” folder in the NI, not User Content, then create a user ensemble that uses them might work…

I have to work. I started a ticket, but am not waiting until Monday to get an answer. It’s going back ASAP, hopefully get a new one quickly.

1 Like

So, if I don’t need it to be standalone, can I just get an MKIII and have the same experience minus the standalone?

4 Likes

That is precisely correct. No new functionality has been added.

2 hours? I’d be thrilled if they get back to me in 2 days. I’ve reached out several times in the past and waited a long time each time. You might have better luck tagging one of the support guys on their forum.

1 Like

Yea I was being totally unreasonable. But I’ve tried WiFi at my house and my buddies, as well as 3 cell phone hot spots. Must have typed in the password well over 100 times between them. No go. Sweetwater is taking care of it.

1 Like