Standalone Maschine+

Sorry man, out for delivery now.

2 Likes

Was trying Blocks, but no dice, so far …

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m sure that as more people get M+ that there will a collective amassing of info about what can and can’t work, and why/how.

1 Like

Yes that´s what iam hoping. There seems to be a pattern, like most “Reaktor Player” stuff does not work, for now. But time will tell :grinning:

1 Like

S-Layer is working :metal:

1 Like

Are there any significant reaktor instruments that work aside from Prism and Monark?

Good question,

hopefully other M+/Reaktor users will chime in

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/

My findings so far, Reaktor-Player = no go , Blocks = no go , some FX (Reaktor Lib) = no go
nothing to scientific, sorry , but those i could not get to work.

Maybe we could start a list of some kind, to get the ball rolling, this is all new territory

Twisted Tools - Ultraloop / S-Layer are working, but the cpu hit is significantly higher, not optimised.

1 Like

Ok. I admit, I know next to nothing about reaktor other than what it is. I’ve spent a few minutes messing with blocks, but ITB isn’t really my thing so I didn’t dive deep. I have a feeling I’ll be doing more patch design on my Mac now with the +, so it may be a good time to learn.

2 Likes

Personally I’m finding the new ‘clips’ workflow in Maschine 2.12 software a bit lumpy.

AFAIK to get to a situation where you can arrange audio files into a timeline style structure, you have first create a project, then create an empty clip, then ensure that you create an audio layer (rather than a sampler layer) within the clip and then drag your wav file into it - at which point it remains inside this audio layer/clip/group structure - lots of presses.

Compared to the intuitive way a DAW such as Live handles wav files, or the immediacy of something like the DT, this feels quite awkward to me but perhaps it’s just getting used to this new approach.

I’m really interested to see how the Elektron hardware brigade get on with the M+ workflow - it’s very visual…

2 Likes

Ha, yes me too, Reaktor is pretty “deep”, but a great audio playground.

When I think about it, instead of the user library, it would be better to start with the reactor library.

Yeah- it does seem like a more convoluted method that I’m concerned about.

I suppose a helpful mental approach is to look at it from the perspective of groovebox moreso than DAW? In that it’s really something that extends past the capabilities of classic grooveboxes

4 Likes

So I think “clips” are not fully developed, weird compared to “patterns”. I’m also missing some basic features like join / split and so on. It just feels weird. :grimacing:

But “clips” are fine for audio files even if, as you mentioned, the road to get there is quite rocky and definitely improveable. :grinning:

3 Likes

This helped me understand clips. I still had to spend a couple hours last night figuring out the best way to work with them, for my style of playing Maschine

6 Likes

For me, I start with a Section or Scene. Then build the Clip inside that. Makes it easier to move parts around on the timeline.

At times I was like, “this is working, love it.”

Other times I was like, “huh, what?! Grrrr”

3 Likes

I’m happy for you, but…

4 Likes

So my maschine is here, but it will not connect to WiFi. I keep having to type it in over and over, it’s a nightmare. I’m trying to restart it and it’s slow.

Soon brother soon

1 Like

Oh no, what is your wifi spec? The M+ uses 5Ghz Wifi in my network.

Can you try a different Wifi network, like your phone (hotspot)?

Tried my phone, WiFi, fing thing is defective. Has to be a bad unit. And Ni tech support is non existent

Bummer man, sounds like you might be best off exchanging it