Standalone Maschine+

Still love using my +

2 Likes

After updating to the latest firmware (Firmware version 0.1.9) the Reaktor patches that were posted in tis thread no longer load. Anyone else with these problems?

Great job mate!

Thanks! Much appreciated!

I just tried a few here and all is working fine. Which ensembles in particular are you having issues with?
For reference, here are my system details:
Software version: 1.3.2.3
Maschine version: 2.14.4 (R891)
Firmware: 0.1.9

You probably need to update the Reaktor version in Settings. It needs to be updated separately to the firmware and OS, same with Kontakt.

Will try that, thanks!

1 Like

Hey guys
tomorrow I would like to go to the store and buy an M +

I’m just scared of the issue of not being able to save my Massive patches in standalone
or maybe I got it wrong?

but what really interests me is that I didn’t understand: can I use esemble Reactor on maschine + without having a Reactor license for PC / mac?

from what i have read about this thread i cant

I err?

7 Likes

Looks like this will be fun :slight_smile:

Indeed. I’ve rarely used maschine for sampling, but i did have its midi out plugged into the vermona perfourmer recently and it’s only just occurred to me that a multisampled patch of the perfourmer based on its round robin voices could be fun. I think if you had the multisample set to 4 velocity layers you could then set it so you have a different synth voice per velocity.

Not sure if this was posted earlier. If so, apologies. This is super helpful for the + or MK3

3 Likes

How I love my Maschine+.
I’m still paying it off on my Sweetwater card :rofl:

Seriously, I love not having to look at a computer screen and use a mouse.

But dude…
It appears that your Project’s BPM is saved with your project and ALWAYS recalled if you are the master clock in your rig. So if I’m playing live and am at 130bpm…if I want to load up another song that I had previously saved at 138bpm, the tempo will jump to 138bpm as soon as the song loads.

WTF.

A $1400 machine supppooooossseddlyyy designed for live performance won’t allow you to retain a global bpm while loading a new song? Please tell me I’m just missing something like a “SHIFT+LOAD” command or similar :pray:

I think you must use another master clock. I use a xone mixer as a master clock but it’s the Maschine that sends start/stop messages for all the other instruments in my rig. If the M+ is the master clock at least it seems that the new music loaded only starts on the next beat or bar, which helps a bit…

How is the Maschine+ as this point with its stability? I had one almost a year ago and returned it after it crashed on me about 5 times in a week.

I know they’ve been chipping away at updates and sounds like there’s a new auto save feature which is great and should help the woes of lost projects that I had a year ago.

I really wanted to like Maschine+ but god damn 5 times in a week was unacceptable. Returned it and got an MPC Live 2 and remembered what I hate about MPC and returned that, been a Maschine user for far too long and I find the way that instruments are locked to tracks and that you can do things like sequence chords in the drum pad mode on an MPC to be unintuitive compared to Maschine.

But anyways, how often is it crashing on you all?

I made the same choice a few months ago and switched to an MPC Live 2 after a lot of accumulated frustration. A new update had come out that was supposedly just to fix stability issues - the one after the Polysynth update I think - but yeah, kept crashing so I’ve given up for now. Doesn’t look like they’ve got it stable enough yet, unless a very recent update has miraculously solved everything.

Yeah I had it before the poly synth thing came out. But that sucks to hear. It doesn’t seem like I hear enough people talk about the issues it has.

It almost never crashes on me. Its hard to remember the last time that it did. Anyways i think it depends on how you use it and with what, since there are still some people complaining about that. Thinking about it though, i think the people that had the M+ crashing a lot ended up selling it, and the ones who didn´t experience that on their real life use, kept it. So that is why there is not enough people talking about it?
When i had more crashes was in the beggining, where i was trying to use everything, test everything. When i started making music, that only happened very sporadicaly. And i am not avoiding any workflow, any plugin with fear of crash :scream:

That doesn´t mean that it doesnt have bugs that annoy me. The main one is audio tracks. If i use a very limited number of audio tracks in a project - it might be even only one - whenever i press “play from the begining” or change a scene immediately with “from the begining”, makes a little audio glitch. Its very small, but once you they are there you can´t not hear it. Also, if you stretch audio tracks with another algorithm other than repitch, and you change the pitch fast and extreme, its audio glitch caos. Im guessing that audio stretch its tuff on the processors of this family workstations (mpc, M+, Mc 707) so or it sucks or it glitches. But still, it doesnt crash.

I am just trying to give you a bigger picture of the stability status of the M+, in my experience. That being said, if you had a maschine in the past, and it crashed 5 times in the week in your normal making music workflow, don´t expect it to be much better. Maybe only slightly.

Hope this helped

Yeah, I’ve used Maschine for almost a decade now so there wasn’t anything for me to test or throw at it. I definitely did some stress testing with how many plugins it could run but most of the times it crashed I was only using samples with some effects. Often I’d route my sounds through a send on another pad to save CPU.

Whatever the reason customers can accept a product has its own limitations, but crashing is dysfunctionning and should be solved.

If the maschine team can’t make it work without crashing when people stress it out, they should design it so you can’t reach that point.

1 Like