Standalone Maschine+

It’s not there, but should it be? I mean, if you buy a reaktor 6 license should you get also a reaktor 5 license?

Maybe try this
Uija (he is also a member here) had some luck with Reaktor 6

"Okay, I bought Reaktor 6, built my own little synth that is working great in Maschine2, but I am unable to get the .ens file to M+ so it is found

you have to have a preset in that that Ensemble and that needs to have that Meta Infos. after I found out about that, added a preset to my synth and retried it, it worked!"

Announcing: Maschine+ | Page 35 | NI Community Forum (native-instruments.com)

1 Like

i thought custom reaktor ensembles on M+ were not officially supported by NI?

if so it would be no surprise many didn’t work or had inconsistent behavior

1 Like

I dunno, this is just the page for legacy reaktor…I have r5 here with my account logged in.

Regarding R6 every single ensemble I saved with it gave me an error loading in m+. If I use R5, no problem…Maybe there’s more ? I honestly dunno.

1 Like

I am using ensembles saved with Reaktor 6 on my M+ with no issues. I have a set of steps to follow but I’m not in the studio atm. I will try to respond with more details this evening.

2 Likes

Well this is embarrassing - while following my own steps to try and get Banaan Electrique on the M+, I failed. I can see the ensemble but no sound.
I am including my procedure anyway in case it helps someone. I have used this to successfully import dozens of instruments and FX including all of the boscomac stuff. That was a couple of weeks ago and maybe I am missing some important step but I don’t think so. I think BE is unique somehow.
Anyway, I am a Reaktor noob and I’m not even sure what most of these steps do. This is just based on steps posted on the NI forum and my own trial and error:

Launch Maschine standalone software on your computer
Add a sound and select Reaktor 6
Open desired instrument/effect ensemble
Click Edit
Right-click empty area outside panel and select Ensemble properties
Change Bank (this depends on how you want to organize your effects/instruments. As an example I put “boscomac” here for all the boscomac stuff)
Change Sub Bank (as above and as an example: I put Bit Torsion for boscomac Bit Torsion)
Click on the main module name (between ins and outs)
Click Properties -> Connect -> ID Actions -> Sort & Compress IDs until Base ID = 0
Click Function -> Snapshots -> Select Master -> (select 2nd option if more than one)
Click Preset Browser
From the first drop-down under preset browser, select the 2nd item (if there are 2 items - not the one starting with Ens)
Click Embedded
Select all snapshots in list, right-click and first select Show Meta Info and then NI Meta Info -> Instrument or FX as appropriate
On M+: Settings -> System -> Storage
From Reaktor File Menu -> Save As then browse to
Maschine+ -(mounted drive) > Native Instruments -> User Content -> Reaktor -> (sub folder if desired - I use a sub-folder for each author).
Eject Maschine+ on computer, then Disconnect on M+

You should now see your ensemble when you brows with “User” selected under wither Effects or Instruments

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing the steps you use, appreciate it. It is good to hear that you’ve been able to get effects working using your system with Reaktor 6 - that’s what I’m most interested in. It looks like the same process that I’ve been doing but I’ll try it again in case there is a small difference that I’m missing.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to have an effect that works on M+ that contains a fat juicy ladder style low pass filter? I’m trying to find a filter that sounds better than the basic Maschine filter included in the sampler. I wish the Maschine sampler had the filter from Monark, which sounds pretty good, looking for something a bit like that.

1 Like

There is a Monark Filter Monark Filter Stereo | Entry | Reaktor User Library
(just found it, i dont know more about it)

Im about to buy a Maschine+ today and also looking forward to get a few fx ensembles working.

Maybe we can share working ensemble exports here or in another thread?

2 Likes

Mmmhh that’s an ism, not useable directly in m+.

Im not full into this, but i think you can just save an .ism as ensemble.
Have to figure it out.

Thanks, I will check it out, looks perfect.

I had a crack at this (connecting ins and outs etc.) but couldn’t get it to appear in M+. I know that Reaktor Blocks are not supported . Maybe this could be further deconstructed and reassembled as an ensemble?

Maybe this moogstyle Filter could work? Not a Block :wink: Oogerfooger OF-101 | Entry | Reaktor User Library

1 Like

I have a few user ensembles working. The ones from the factory, subharmonicon, etc but I did nothing to them - no “preparation” in any reaktor. For now, the only thing I would really like to have would be some crazy FX from reaktor but didn’t manage. But no big problem, the M+ has a ton of stuff to play with

What’s this subharmonicon ensemble you speak of? I had downloaded a DFAM ensemble some time ago but can no longer find it.

1 Like

I also would like to know

I think that is the name. :grin: I’ll try to find it today and get back to you guys on this

1 Like

Yeah, subharmonic. Haven’t tried it yet but I am guessing that it is a similar concept than the one found in the subharmonic?

I just grabed the .ens from the factory library of reaktor and dumped it on the m+ ( not sure where exactly but can check if anyone is interested) and It works on the M+

3 Likes

My new M+ is here and i got this nice “Decapitator like” Reaktor User Ensemble to work (tooked my a few trys to get it right, with the Knobs at first Bank…): Guillotine 2 | Entry | Reaktor User Library

Maschine+ Ensemble here:

Maybe we can share Maschine+ ready edited Ensembles here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man I would love the VHS Degradation Suite, Monark and Massive standalone.

2 Likes