Standalone Maschine+

Great idea mate! Thanx for taking the time to check it out. Here is a little project attached and on the group F, it started to crackle. The crackle is always present but becomes really intense if i play a bit with the macros of the fm8. I think that in my apparently deceased M+ this project was hiting something like 40% - cannot really confirm it right now.

Yeah, to have some litle bugs like this is no biggie, i only started to worried when my M+ got bricked :laughing:

Jazz One.mxprj (680.9 KB)

You got it working again ? that‘s great :+1:

But i got a question, what was the solution you got from NI support
for your Reaktor related problem?

New one arrived and connected to WiFi immediately. Updating now, but I have to go to work of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No no its still not working :/. Just trying not to stress about it, since there is not a lot i can do… I dont really have a computer but i´ll try to borrow my girlfriends to see if i can make it work as a controller.

Regarding the reaktor problem they gave me this file that was supposed to help with the reset. I had done a system reset already and it didn´t work. Unfortunately i was not able to try their solution since it froze before i could try it.

Can´t you reload any Reaktor ensemble aswell?

Sorry I missed the part your M+ got bricked during the failed update :no_mouth:

I wonder if there is a kind of system mode, like holding function while powering on Elektron stuff, to do system restore or factory reset or something like that?

sorry to here that.
yes and no.

i can load/reaktor presets and save/load my projects with no bugs, but this was only true for the included factory presets. my own stuff and the ensembles you can find in Reaktor 6 Factory Content (Fullversion) or Reaktor User Library were load- but not save-able, btw you could save them but they stoped working after you would reload your project or even when using the undo function.

But when i tried the ensembles i made with Reaktor 5 this problem is not present. All of Reaktor 5 Factory ensembles are working with no issues. weird.

i also had some minor problems with my machine +. no connection, crashes (2x) during the installation of content packages, changing the audio connection or midi, when starting the controller mode, remove the sd card… But the firmware update went smoothly and after i changed the sd card and did a hard reset (in setting menu)
it seems to me that everything works a little better.

1 Like

yeah i was trying to hold “shift”+“power on” and went to controller mode. Now i pluged it to the computer and it works in controller mode. So i will be manage to use it during this weekend, before i send it back :partying_face:

I have now to agree with everybody that said that M+ was some kind of a very expensive controller :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah what annoys me is that i did zero hacking, just used factory stuff…

2 Likes

Auch… hope you get it sorted quickly!

Thanx!
By the way and out of curiosity, did you try the maschine project i sent you? where you experiencing the same crackles?

Not yet, I was jamming on the M+ in standalone… need to start the PC to transfer the project to the M+ will try after dinner… got to feed the family first, I will report back later!

Update: I opened your project, I get a max of 34% CPU on the M+ in standalone when playing back all groups… There seems to be some high pitched noise with reverb on the attack/transient part of each new note on group F but I think that is part of the sound and not an audio issue… no audio crackles/glitches

Enjoying it so far. Sounds really, really good. Akai is not in the competition in that regard with built in sounds. Very smart of them to throw in RAUM, as an excellent reverb can make a big impression. Can’t get over how great this thing sounds, honestly. Browsing is finicky, I’m not a huge fan so far, but I have to get used to it. I wish there was a search function, and maybe there is. I like akai’s browser better right now, but that’s probably familiarity.

Got my vouchers 30 seconds after I registered.

I didn’t dig deep into tutorials until I got it, I don’t deal with anticipation well lol. Now I’ll dig in.

I’m going to miss ableton export. I wish they could somehow make that happen.

I’m not seeing CPU becoming an issue right now.

2 Likes

Sweet.

All 8 I/O show up from my Scarlett audio interface hooked up on my USB Hub.

3 Likes

Try them first. I only have my Digitone and iPad plugged in and it’s showing 4 stereo inputs

Oh! For goodness sakes!

I’ve been trying to make a little indie folk rock on my M+. Everything was coming in quiet- so I just normalized all my recordings.

Guys…there’s an input level knob. I forgot…but just remembered. Laugh at me being obtuse- so that you can remember…there’s an input level knob on the Maschine+

You don’t have to eff around with your mixer- just up the input record knob

3 Likes

Haha, it’s the little things sometimes.

I haven’t gotten that far yet, just making some hiphop/trap beats with built in sounds and imported 808’s so I can learn my way around.

Experienced my first crash, which sucked because I had a really nice beat going. It’s my own fault, I made it… Didn’t save and left it running while I went in the other room to watch the first half of the Lakers Heat game.

Came back and it was gone.

2 Likes

Happened to me too. Haven’t made anything good with it yet. Just exploring the sounds and getting along with it.

I’m glad you finally got a working unit!

1 Like

Hello i m french guy , i’m a old user of Mk1 , and after buy bitwig, i sended maschine, i changed all my set up with elektron box ,so 5 years after i come back to try the mK3+
( Whoooo , it’s a wonderful piece of gear now !!!) i’m not every time at home so i buy the new maschine+ just for fun when i m not playing guitar or keyboard … , i doesn’t install any expansion because it’s a joke for me( maybe for inspiration ) but it’s to much ,i just need to have a good way to sample my sound and arrange it and for now it’s great, synths are good but it’s bonus for me.
( Fm, Va ,Wavetable etc in a standalone box it’s very cool;)
Drumsynth it’s good solution to have a quick good way to do your sound .

But some little features missing
Class compliant audio
Line in volume to low ( maybe it’s ipad out) i’ll try with my Strat but i think i will need pre amp
Thc Yamaha work in audio interface it’s not stable for now but it’s a good way to record guitare.
Rename my sample ?!
Gestion sample not in standalone!? ( i have my traditionnel 20002627839000.wav etc… sweet remember of my mk1 period , so i connect my ipad to rename and erase copy of sample when you truncate or normalize it…) Maybe it’s possible i dont’know…
You can rename sound but not sample , you can use the old technique , rename sound before sampling but …

Usb it’s no very stable for me

For other thing it’s a really great toy , and i use the sequencer like p-locks elektron, it’s powerfull ,
but you can’t listen the specific step ,you need to restart sequence .

Yes it’s great tool, i think it’s the better groovebox now but it’s not daw , and i prefer bitwig or logic to traditional things but with new clip fonction ( a little bit complicate to understand) maybe now i can do all in the box and just the mastering on Mac .

I have now a good mpc :wink: ( i tried mpc live , bbox etc ) but now i’m happy , it’s a pleasure to use it .

I hope midi implementation for sampler and other things will be implemente in futur

2 Likes

No NI Audio 10
This is beyond weird

Hmm – I’m trying to “P-lock” the tune of a sample, using the Tune parameter in a sampler, I think. However, dialing in, say, +7 is impossible, as you only get 6.91 or 7.06 or thereabouts, and the Shift fine tune doesn’t work.

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks