Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

Went with digital and red and yellow.

Chose analog, thinking that would buy me more time to get the money, but turns out my backing payment was already collected. Anyway, I’m assuming the analog version is polyphonic - meaning, I’ll be able to sequence separate drum, bass and chord parts.

Chose dual button colors - pink and orange.

2 Likes

Digital, red and grey.
Looking forward to getting hands on.

1 Like

Digital and grey, very cool looking and I’m super excited!

1 Like

I went with tuti fruity colors cuz they remind me of a SNES gamepad button colors ! Just to clarify the digital will sound like GBA nanoloop 2 and the analog will sound like nanoloop mono! I went with the digital but was really looking forward to digital and analog on the same device because I already made a few tunes with nanoloop 2 and nanoloop mono synced up and there is a lot of sync noise!

2 Likes

Super Famicom style eh? Nice.

Can’t wait to run this puppy through my DN fx.

Hmm where you using the link cable or the analog converter to sync them up? Wanna say you gotta be careful extra careful with the link cable and make sure your clock isn’t getting crosstalk with your audio cables. Never noticed noise between my mono and nanoloop one except when I had audio cables crossing over the sync cable. Although I’ve mostly clocked just one of them from the gate out on my analog 4 with the analog converter.

It’s collected immediately on success date :wink:

I went full pinku.

3 Likes

So how many channels will the analog version have - anyone know? I’m new to nanoloops and won’t be integrating this with any other gear - just for standalone fun, so the four channels on the original design with the mix of A&D was good for me.

1 Like

edit: oh wait you said the analog version, nevermind!

I think it’s still four, but I may be wrong.

Would be great if it had four channels that could be any of the pulse/FM/chord/noise types in nanoloop2, that way I could have four melodic channels and not have to use noise much, if at all.

1 Like

Apparently:

Analog:

square waves + noise with resonant filters, 4 channels, mono (not monophonic, just “not stereo”)

2 Likes

This is what Oliver said to me in email:

the analog will be much like nanoloop mono: one or two channels with filtered square waves, one click channel with filter for drum synthesis and one noise with filter. It’s not monophonic, just “mono” as in “not stereo”

2 Likes

Ah! Thanks for this - and to Looper above.

So, one or two channels is a big deal I guess, The nanoloop mono is just three channels, I’d be wanting two channels of filtered square or the digital looks to be the better option, for me at least.

I’ll probably opt for the analog with the option to jump to the digital when the final specs come out.

Cheers.

1 Like

I should correct myself - Oliver responded to me via Kickstarter, not direct email.

He seems very responsive so if you message your questions to him there you’ll probably get a quick answer.

1 Like

In other nanoloop news, the Analogue Pocket now has a ship date of May 2021 :grimacing:

2 Likes

Digital + pink, they look so good on it.

oh dang, was there an email?

I want that ish.

That’s pretty much what I had expected, it’s going to be so rad. Can’t wait to preorder and wait a while longer, it’s going to be worth the wait!

Just made my choices too… digital with grey/red. It’s a pity that the PCB isn’t black as I reckon that would’ve looked real smart. Nevertheless, still excited to receive it and I’m realising I backed this one pretty blind and based on the reputation of the Nanoloop and the number of folk here who seem to be big fans.

Any useful videos that would be a good starter for understanding how this one works?

1 Like

I don’t think he’s released anything.

1 Like