Squarp Pyramid [compilation topic]

They only have one left now. I’m going to miss out this time, just sold some gear on eBay and need to wait for $ to clear
That’s going to TEST my GAS…;-))

No. Not this simple way. But maybe you can have a few ways to manage such operation.
For the moment you can save only a file wich contains the whole project with is proper name. You can’t save a track as a file.
But it exist a possibility to import midi file in the project file by mounting the sd card on your computer and open the folder of project and just put your midi file. But it must be named by “track+numberoftrack”.
I don’t have computer so I can’t try the experience to see how it goes. But I think that is obviously the way to extract a proper track to export it to another pyra project folder, or in your favorite midi soft

Elena, no worries :slight_smile: You’ve been very helpful, and the Squarp guys cleared it up for us!

Okaaaayyýyy.

I know why I wrote bad things, but partially right, about overdub.

When you are in record mode the manipulations of fx are recorded but with no overdubbing. It reccords the knobs movements in a mode of clear and reccord your actions (like reccord mode of Elektron plocks).
That’s pretty logic puisque it’s a step programing.

My though became clearer while I’m writing…

But it make me think of a kind of autoexplanation in a group therapy for electrogeek.

:zonked:

No overdub recording, for sure.
Unquantized, not really, but offset can simulate it, with zoom mode to precise the Step on wich note is recorded. [/quote]
Are you sure? I sent the below email to support and received the reply below:

[i]I realize notes can be manipulated in a few ways but recording with quantize disengaged would be cool too.

[/i]From support:[i]

What you are saying is exactly what Pyramid can do. The sequencer workflow is made for that.

[/i]I didn’t see anything about unquantized recording in the manual, but support confirmed it with their reply as far I can tell.

Unquantized, not really, but offset can simulate it, with zoom mode to precise the Step on wich note is recorded. [/quote]
Are you sure?

I didn’t see anything about unquantized recording in the manual, but support confirmed it with their reply as far I can tell.[/quote]
No more now.
I was supposing that because even the “inquantized” notes are (in my little electronic knowledge I must admit) addressed to a step, and better located in time with the offset function.
Am I wrong ?

Are you sure?

I didn’t see anything about unquantized recording in the manual, but support confirmed it with their reply as far I can tell.[/quote]
No more now.
I was supposing that because even the “inquantized” notes are (in my little electronic knowledge I must admit) addressed to a step, and better located in time with the offset function.
Am I wrong ?
[/quote]

I specifically asked about unquantized recording to which they responded- “What you are saying is exactly what Pyramid can do.”

Are you sure?

No more now.
Am I wrong ?
[/quote]

I specifically asked about unquantized recording to which they responded- “What you are saying is exactly what Pyramid can do.”[/quote]
Yes, I’ve read the same. Seems to be clear.
:+1:

Yeah, pretty clear by now - there was a mix-up concerning terminology. All well.

I record all my stuff without quantization on the Pyramid, and the use the Quantize effect with some Humanizer flavour to snap notes into place. It’s definitely one of the more organic sequencers I’ve used. With some subtle Swing fx on that too, you can get very groovy results without necessarily taking the plunge into Aphex Twin territory.

1 Like

Yeees.
Ya right. Humaniser is nice, specially with chords.

They only have one left now. I’m going to miss out this time, just sold some gear on eBay and need to wait for $ to clear
That’s going to TEST my GAS…;-))

myself, I’m ultimately glad I’ll miss out on this batch. although the device looks terrific and very promising I’m still a bit put off they ship it whilst the OS is still in development, promising all sorts of goodness in future updates… the whole idea of preorders and selling oh-point releases instead of one-point-oh at start - that’s just unfair towards end users. people wind up GAS-buying stuff and expecting features which arrive late or never.

Wonder if that’s why there are virtually no in depth reviews of the Pyramid

The gents at Squarp might call it zero-point-something, but it still beats the crap out of anything out there, except perhaps the Cirklon. I had the Tempest for two years, it’s in 1.4 now, and the Pyramid runs circles around that thing when it comes to funky sequencing. So it doesn’t feel like you’re part of a beta, but rather a 1.0-thing with developers that have very high standards.
As for reviews, I’d imagine they have no Pyramids to spare. They’re scarce, they sell them faster than they can build them, so every single unit counts to their revenue to further develop the instrument.
Or so I’d like to think, though I have no idea, of course.

Haven’t even thought of that. I don’t hear much about the Blofeld, but looking at the specs and listening to it, I wonder why. It sounds great, has tons of power, and it holds samples up to 60Mb.
Isn’t that like spectacular? What am I missing?

Haven’t even thought of that. I don’t hear much about the Blofeld, but looking at the specs and listening to it, I wonder why. It sounds great, has tons of power, and it holds samples up to 60Mb.
Isn’t that like spectacular? What am I missing?[/quote]
It is not perfect but VERY powerful and cheap.
In a nutshell:
[ul]
[li]Knob encoders are buggy in early versions.[/li]
[li]Interface is not super friendly especially multi mode.[/li]
[li]Multi mode is limited by DSP[/li]
[/ul]

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/anyone-tried-a-blofeld/748page:2

Well, the jury’s still out on the Octatrack or Pyramid question for me. After a few very intense days with the Pyramid, I’ve returned to the Octatrack to look at it from a different perspective. Can’t keep’em both. But they’re still both beautiful.

Never sell a winning horse, have some patience , save your cash and have both ?

Interesting… is the OT looking more attractive now?
seems the OT would not have the sequencing capabilities/flexibility,
but has sampling?
are you missing the sampling?
or is there something about the Pyramid thats not fitting with you?

Never sell a winning horse, have some patience , save your cash and have both ?[/quote]
Mm, maybe. But I like it slim. The Pyramid feels designed to run several instruments, not really intended for a minium rig, whereas the Octatrack can without hassle play an entire set, be an entire album, be your studio, if you treat it right.
So even if I paired the Pyramid with like a Virus TI or something, which would be sufficient for years and years, it’d still be - just the Virus and the way it sounds, and not much else.
The Octatrack is whatever I pour into it and that’s powerful.
But I much more prefer to work with the Pyramid, it inspires new kinds of songs.
So we’ll see. I think I can hold out till Namm, see if something comes up. The Pyramid and an SP404SX would be interesting, for example. But it’s an aging sampler, so some kind of new hardware venture that rivals the SP or Octatrack would be cool.

Interesting… is the OT looking more attractive now?
seems the OT would not have the sequencing capabilities/flexibility,
but has sampling?
are you missing the sampling?
or is there something about the Pyramid thats not fitting with you?
[/quote]
It’s noway near as capable as a sequencer or builder of songs, compared with the Pyramid.
But it’s a lot of other things. So what I’m finding out is if I really need all what the Pyramid can do.
If I ran a larger hardware rig, then the matter would be settled, though. The Pyramid, hands down. But I don’t. I run a micro rig. Tiny tiny tiny. And I like it like that.
But we’ll see.

1 Like