Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

My point is this looks like a do-it-all box that has none of the staying power of something with an interesting and unique workflow.

Guess I’m not the target audience, which is fine. Just kind of surprised by replies of people planning to replace half their gear with this because ‘it does it all!’. Same argument can be used for a PC with Live.

2 Likes

exactly. a pc with live is great too. everyone’s needs & tastes are unique. hapax doesn’t speak to you, to others it does. it’s all good.

5 Likes

I hate sequencing my gear with Ableton live! Way too much jitter.

1 Like

It’s like if Squarp has read every feature requests on this site and build around this.

4 Likes

I mean, I don’t know if you have experience with previous Squarp sequencers or have been looking at the manual for this one, but there’s very little in either that is not interesting and unique, IMHO.

Does it get you to the same place as Cakewalk? Yes. Does it do it in a different way? Yes. Such is the story of gear.

I think thats the exciting thing…
Squarp released the Pyramid over 5 years ago, then the Hermod.
so have a lot of experience and feedback to build on.
… and they have also release alot of updates for those products.

e.g the fact they have moved to 192ppqn shows they have been listening and taking notes :slight_smile:

as for the judgements…
judging on specs/manual alone is usually a folly with instruments !
if you look at the Octatrack’s Manual you’d think its dreadful, but in practice its a classic.

and as yet, we have not seen how this operates, the workflow…
Im keen to see the videos from loopop and co.

4 Likes

I think some people will like, and I think some people won’t like it.

Anyway, I had a wild weekend, so I need to go get screened for Squarphapax.

6 Likes

I started down that mental pathway too (although I don’t have a 404).

ugh. will be on my list when the war is over.

18 Likes

Hopefully soon :pray:

8 Likes

+1 :heart:

3 Likes

Come on Craig, use your potential, exercise your brain and you’ll live longer with a fully functional brain (that’s what researches say). You already use Bitwig. :heart:

Lol. I use Bitwig like a tape recorder nowadays :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Very interested!
As usual :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

At this point I’m using my OT MK1 as a super complex effects pedal and abandoned the midi side. :weary:

2 Likes

Sounds hella fun. I should try that :wink:

2 Likes

no samples no schmamples

3 Likes

Squarples.

3 Likes

I may also sell my OT AE.

Edit : calm down Tchu.

8 Likes

lol

1 Like