Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

So, speculation time. Really looks like a sequencer doesn’t it? Would be so awesome if they took inspiration from the Deluge and combined that with some of the advanced sequencing power of the Pyramid.

2 Likes

Sounds like an Oxi One. :smiley:

1 Like

Hoping it has plenty of CV inputs and outputs :crossed_fingers:

I was actually thinking yesterday, “I still use my Pyramid all the time and the only thing I’d really want is a bigger screen for the piano roll.” But having a bazillion pads a la Deluge probably counts.

1 Like

Yeah, so Oxi one is a pretty good approximation, but I mean more like linear sequencing of Deluge (i.e. lots of bars, complex arrangements, etc.). Pyramid has that, but the pads and screen make it a lot less fun than it could be.

2 Likes

You are so right about that! I hate editing on Pyramid because so little information fits on this tiny screen.

3 Likes

I am going to stick with my earlier guess, sort of a Pyramid meets Rample. It looks like it has two screens, so one to focus on sequencing parameters, and another to focus on sample editing & sound design parameters. The grid will allow much more physical control.

1 Like

That would be so amazing. Like a Deluge with more screen.

2 Likes

In what color?

2 Likes

Squiggly green?

6 Likes

Honestly, what everyone wants in Pyramid is

• bigger screen
  • more memory space
  • instant project switch from SD card
  • RGB pads
  • higher pad quality

If they deliver that, everyone will buy!

2 Likes

I’m just really hoping for not-a-sampler. the OT, DT, Deluge, 404, and Tracker— I feel like there are samplers in this space for miles.

3 Likes

Another countdown…

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from. On the other hand, can we ever have too many samplers?

4 Likes

yessssss it’s a Pyramid HW rev

3 Likes

Looks great

Probably be around £899?

1 Like

864 EUR

3 Likes

Or if that would tease a new Elektron device. This thread would explode into happy anticipation.

1 Like

It is THE Sequencer that everyone hoped Elektron would launch.

1 Like

Product page: https://squarp.net/hapax/

4 Likes