Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

I haven’t got an email yet. I ordered On 10/3/22 so been waiting ages, wonder if my will be delayed also?

Check your spam folder.
All the second batch is coming end of June due to COVID in China. I ordered on March 8.

1 Like

Are they making this one in China, or is it parts theyre waiting on?

So, have ppl been receiving their orders?

yes, Squarp is sourcing the parts in China for final assembly in France (as I understood the last email), although their factory is not apparently directly impacted by the recent COVID wave. but it did mean they couldn’t get the parts back to France as quickly as expected. but at least as of the most recent communication to June batch purchasers, they will be going out at the end of the month – so in the next week?

3 Likes

June batch is here, I have Received this e-mail today:

Handling of the shipment for your order with the reference *** is in progress.

You will be able to track your package soon, using the following link

:carousel_horse:

3 Likes

yep. got my email this AM too. Hapax babeeee

2 Likes

Oh no, I didn’t get an email yet… :grimacing:

so far it seems they’re just creating tracking numbers for DHL – but when i click the link, no shipping label appears to have been created yet so may just be still setting up the other shipments

shipping labels created, I’m confident that they are going to be shipped tomorrow and delivered next week.

Thibault posted in Squarp forums that they’re shipping as they’re assembled:

“We’re shipping units gradually (as fast as we can make them), but all units should be sent within a week.”

so i assume first in-first out from preorders

2 Likes

I can’t even remember when I ordered mine–but I got the email from Squarp yesterday and looks like DHL label is created.

:laughing:

1 Like

Got the email also can’t wait to get my hands on it after a decent wait… I wonder how many units exist after this batch?

2 Likes

Got it!

:rofl: Looks like I’m getting this too (got pyramid) before the mail drop from Cirklon :rofl:

1 Like

Hello the next firmware
Tip Inside the PC menu, you will find the PRE-SEND option. If enabled, the program change will not be sent at the very beginning of the next-pattern-to-be-launched, but a few time before, useful when controlling Elektron machines patterns.

7 Likes

Just got mine dropped off. Forgot I even ordered it tbh lol. My VERY initial impressions (as in: haven’t used it just opened it up and plugged it in)

Nice packaging. Came with 3 stickers and a felt covering to protect the device but should double nice as a dust cover. Also a fully color printed quick start guide is a huge win. Love me some physical instructions manuals even if I have all my gears manuals saved to iBooks. Should also note the power supply comes with one of those modular supplies where you can switch out the adapter for different global regions. It doesn’t appear to have come with any USB cables but I’m sure anyone getting a Hapax probably has a billion at this point.

Build quality feels nice. Definitely a plastic body with a metal face plate. The OLEDs look good but not as good as the Elektron screens. I feel like the Elektron screens are a deeper black? I dunno, they still look good, not a big deal.

The buttons feel nice. The white buttons sort of remind me of the Deluge buttons which are rubbery without the “click” feel that lots of rubber dome buttons have. These are just a smooth press but have more resistance than the Deluge buttons. It’s gonna be a personal preference what someone likes.

The colored/ labeled buttons all have a clicky feel similar to Maschine MK3 and Plus. Pretty sure they are a mechanical button with a rubber key. They feel nice and the feel is nice to differentiate the “playing” buttons and the utility buttons.

And that’s pretty much all I have right now lol. I’m on my lunch break so I might try to hook some things up if I have time.

Edit: also looks like I was one of the lucky ones to get the 1.05 beta pre installed on my device. Squarp sent out an email today saying to go back to the 1.04 as it’s more stable. I might just keep it though cuz I’m lazy lol.

Edit 2: I tried plugging my OP-1 into the USB port as this was a thing I was dying to try out. I could get the OP-1 to control the Hapax with the play and stop buttons working as well as recording notes (also nice that the device still shows what notes you are pressing on the grid) but I couldn’t get the Hapax to send data to the OP-1. I’ll try a bit more when I get back home.

1 Like

new OS (beta) dropped - including instrument definitions! (and these look way evolved from Pyramid. . . yum!)

8 Likes

Cant wait to get one of these. I had one of the first ones but sold it as I wanted other stuff…now really want one to complete my setup.

Figured out how to get the Hapax to sequence the OP-1. Wouldn’t you know you have to assign the correct channel to sequence it lol. Pretty easy to set up and you can control the OP-1s parameter easier with the MIDI lfo and automation on the Hapax.

1 Like

Yeah! I’ve been waiting for instrument defs!