Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

So does the Oxi One. Eight of them per Multitrack. :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh my god this seems to be exactly what I wanted from the exact company I wa ted this to be made by!

I had the Pyramid and loved it, but hated it didnā€™t have a grid like the Deluge. So sold it and bought a Deluge but then missed the features of the Pyramid. This seems to be IT!

3 Likes

I think the grid interface is really powerful and still un-perfected. If one could combine the Elektron, Monome, Pyramid, Squid, and Tenori-On workflows all in one hardware device with multiple hardware ins and outs (with adjustable clock offsets), Iā€™d sell a kidney.

1 Like

Okok hereā€™s why I like usb-c

• you could probably power the whole device from it so youā€™d get rid of a cable
  • my computers only have usb-c ports so both sides of the cable can be the same
  • I have a lot of usb-c to usb-c cables lying around all the time for other stuff
  • 2 seconds less to plug in because thereā€™s no top/bottom

In general it just makes the device feel more futuristic to me if it has usb-c, which appeals to me. At the end of the day, this is an aesthetic machine to do creative work on, I can do all the same stuff in a DAW but I get hardware because of how it makes me feel. Itā€™s not a deal breaker at all but just noting it as something that gives me more/less positive vibe about a machine. I totally accept that itā€™s a silly aesthetic preference but also observe that it plays into some of my gear purchasing decisions lol

2 Likes

Programming patterns while another already playing is a must have capability of sequencers (Tr8s, Cirklon, Pyramid, Squidā€¦ it was one of the missing part of Elektron products)

2 Likes

with all the support and engagement youā€™ve given to Squarp since the beginning, they shouldā€™ve been working on it - perhaps it was just one of those ā€œwe canā€™t do that because it requires an entoire OS re-writeā€ things. Those kind of limitations exist in the Elektron sequencerā€¦they know it would be cool, but itā€™s such an extreme task to disassemble the code.

1 Like

Ha ha, how many time i though so :rofl:

1 Like

Speaking for myself, i will be looking carefully to compare this with the Oxi One, and perhaps the Polyend Mystery Product ( about time for a tease on that ).

I got the time.

8 Likes

That, maybe :thinking:

1 Like

Yikes. Need to add torso t-1 to your list

1 Like

Totally with you, OXI has USB C and a built in rechargeable battery!

1 Like

would anyone get this if they absolutely have no eurorack gear currently?

thatā€™s the situation iā€™m in. i do want to eventually get some eurorack pieces but how justifiable do you think the price-to-features is without including the cv capabilities?
-do you think its still worth it?

(i change my mind a lot so not 100% on acquiring eurorack later on)

1 Like

If you have tons of hardware then why not

1 Like

Good point! I hadnā€™t considered it this way.

You could also look at it this way ā€“ CV works with stuff other than Eurorack.

2 Likes

absolutely, its got 4 midi din out, trs midi, usb host, usb deviceā€¦
thats pretty comprehensive midi for a sequencer.

and Squarp, are really into midi, we know this from the pyramidā€¦ e.g. midi fx.

then of course we the cv in/outā€¦ you can add eurorack later.
(you know you want to :laughing: )

5 Likes

lol :joy:

Squarp have been saying for a while that the they were reaching limits on ram and cpu on the Pyramid, and its not practical/economic to entirely re-write the firmware with ā€˜lessons learntā€™ - even if the hardware might to be able to cope.

so makes sense, they tracked the feedback for when they were going to the next big thing.

but, of courseā€¦ the pyramid is still a top class sequencer, just like it was yesterday !

Somebody tell me ā€¦ why is two projects so awesome when, for instance, the digitakt has 128 projects ?

I guess Iā€™m missing something. Maybe a digitakt project is not all the same thing as a Hapax project :man_shrugging: ?

1 Like

i presume you can be playing one while loading in another and easily swap between them.

3 Likes

Well, I kinda got that gist ā€¦ but there must be more than two in total, surely ?