Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

For sure it’s a device that needs commitment.

1 Like

Pyramid seems more like compositional sequencer with some performance options, Hapax seems more like performance sequencer with composition.

Pyramid has 64 tracks each up to 384 measures, 32 patterns per track, definition files, song mode, realtime multitrack midi recording, midi file support.

I think a lot of Pyramid users might migrate to Hapax, but not all maybe. I am not feeling that I will as yet, because I really get on well with Pyramid, the workflow is very nice and quick for me, but I will keep an eye on Hapax for sure, I think it looks really nice.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t an MPCX suffice here @darenager :grinning:

1 Like

I also have a Deluge, which so far seems a bit similar to Hapax although obviously with built in sounds and some +/-.

If only Akai had decent midi clock timing and the trig conditions.

4 Likes

I’m I the only one who’s tired of squishy silicone buttons on everything?

13 Likes

Well you are spot on there mate no complaints with that comment as it’s totally true. Other than that tho I love the MPC’s although I am now thinking of buying another Octatrack, haven’t had one since version 1.

I’ve found a work around with the MPC midi timing issue. Just use the MPC as a sound module and sequence it with something else. I’ve been sequencing the MPC with the DT and so far no issues.

Me too, and rubber coated stuff, and Oled screens #toughcrowd :laughing:

2 Likes

Also not into the Rubber coated stuff. I “do” like Oled displays though. They have a nice contrast and are viewable from any angle.

I hate squishy and silicone.

Say what you will about Native Instruments, but they lean heavily on the hard clicky buttons that are just a joy to use

1 Like

God damnit I cant afford to learn 2 different sequencers in a year

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on this?

Did anyone read somewhere if it can send program changes messages, on steps ?

hmm… I think you have a point. As a Live user I have to say though that I don’t have many favourite plugins (M4L or whatever) that I like to use - like random stuff etc. - also routing MIDI is a pain imho. Hapax looks more streamlined.

1 Like

Looks like program changes (and CC) are now handled by the Automation mode instead of a seperate mode on Steps.

2 Likes

Can we talk about my favorite feature; a full sized SD card and not that fingernail micro BS :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks. Not sure what it implies (I don’t know Squarp’s workflow), but I love a more “tracker” spirit when it comes to PCs.

Wow. the good news is that this looks like it might replace so many different devices for me. (pyramid, harmod, blokas midihub). This is also the bad news!

1 Like

Its the short life of them I don’t like, they look nice and as you say better viewing angle than LCD.

1 Like