Space-Time is Doomed

I find that making music comes easier and is more fun after contemplating ideas like this.

13 Likes

Agreed :wink:

What timing.

I was only this week enjoying an exchange between Don Hoffman and Rupert Spira. I was already very familiar with Rupertā€™s non-dual philosophy, but it was a delight to hear Hoffmanā€™s crystal clear evocation of such territory from a scientific perspective.

I also find Bernardo Kastrup wonderfully engaging in this territory.
The mother of all long form interviews:

1 Like

Iā€™m in a philosophy circle which at some point will try and tackle this topic. But so far Iā€™m too much of an ape brain to fully comprehend the content of what theyā€™re discussing. Literally hurting my brain

I keep telling my bank teller this. Look, how you see my bank account is just your own objective reality, the real reality is that I have way more in my account than that. So can I please have that 1 million dollars in 100s. Please and thank you.

3 Likes

I honestly subscribe to the idea that our brains are just not capable to understand it. Maybe one day, if our species survives, and after an unknown amount of perceivable time passes and our brain mutates and evolves, we humans might be able to grasp it. At the moment though, I think itā€™s not in the cards.

One thing that always blows my mind is the vastness of space, and how it is nearly impossible for us to fathom itā€™s infinite expanse. Like what is at the edge of space? Nothing, and whatā€™s beyond that? An infinite nothing that continues forever.

Thatā€™s the type of shit that makes my mind begin to go cray cray.

One of the most amazing things Iā€™ve recently seen are the images from the Webb Telescope. You begin can zoom in, and in, an in, and you begin to see whole new universes emerge, and beyond those countless more. Like that shit is madness inducing, especially the more you ponder it all. I like to subscribe to the idea that the universe expands, implodes, recollects, and is reborn again. A process that has been going on forever. All that has been will be again, but at the same time, all that was will never be again. Like the contradiction of it all has a certain beauty to it.

4 Likes

ā€¦ they know nothing, even without seeing a YT-vid i can say that (Iā€™m on a YT abstinence).

itā€™s like in theoretic physics, they have the wildest explanation for our universe but canā€™t prove most of the things they claim

if you really want to dig in, than here we go, even the introduction to this topic is hardcore

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/book/10.1002/9781119132363

5 Likes

Nah dog, itā€™s Cambridge core.

3 Likes

I really like Donald Hoffman, but I have to go with this Terence McKenna quote on reality:

ā€œ And we have, uh, because of unique characteristics of the male ego, chosen to operate with the assumption that we can understand, that the human mind can in fact ā€˜grokā€™ larger and larger levels of embeddedness and make sense of themā€¦

ā€¦ It canā€™t be understood. It is a receding mystery. It is a continuing carrot. It cannot be brought under the aegis of rational apprehension. It says in Moby Dick, ā€œreality outran apprehension.ā€ It always outruns apprehension because apprehension is the primitive functioning of the primate neural network. And reality? Who knows? Who would even care to take a guess, you know? Itā€™s a ā€“ itā€™s a mystery. You do not measure the depth of the universal mystery with the neural network of a primate. Our role is not to understand, but to appreciate, to appreciate. We have an immense capacity for resonance with beauty, aesthetic awareness, appreciation of form, appreciation of how things go together. Notice of this word ā€ appreciation. Appreciation. If you donā€™t know whatā€™s going on at a dinner party, in a corporation in an environment, then the best course is to keep your mouth shut and pay attention and try to appreciate the situation. Itā€™s ridiculous to attempt to seize the tiller of reality because we donā€™t even know where we want to go.

So, the notion that by creating these models of reality which are not acknowledged as models but which are called scientific truths, we betray ourselves down the primrose path that leads to dreary, dusty death because what we do is take the poetry out of being. ā€

This is the second time Iā€™ve posted a quote from Terence McKenna on this forum, so take me with a grain of salt.

I hope Donald Hoffmanā€™s research will result in somethingā€¦ *real,*but until then, Iā€™ll stick with Terence on the subject of reality. Very fascinating though, so I enjoy that other people on here are talking about this.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Funny, I just came across him recently myself on this podcast. Terrible clickbait title, but itā€™s a great talk. They do a great job to find good analogies to explain the complicated stuff.

What blew my mind was the discussion of the Nobel prize being won for proving the universe is not locally real, particularly when equated to the idea of video games only being rendered as needed for sake of computing power.

1 Like

Itā€™s nice to see someone else using a Surface.

You do yourself a disservice to assume the heterodox have overarching points that others must be too dim to parse.

1 Like

They donā€™t want to prove anything, podcasts are basically micro-cults that create the impression of ā€œspecial intellectualsā€ with secret knowledge.

Itā€™s carny tricks and false authority.

4 Likes

I absolutely think to some extent that this is true. I often dart back to Carl Sagans explanation of dimensions and how we can never perceive more than three

Theoretically we experience higher dimensions everyday but much like people in flat land who only see a section cut of a three dimensional object we only experience a section cut of those dimensions.

So what would a section cut be in our three dimensional space? Time being linear? Ghosts and apparitions? Miracles? Probability?

Theoretically there could be a being which operates in six dimensions that has interacted with us but we perceive it as magic or as god. I love pondering these things.

I mean just the title is quiet unsettling, you get an ominous feeling that this will dig deep

2 Likes

I agree. Thereā€™s a video from a youtuber Melodysheep named Timelapse of the Entire Universe, when I first watched it I thought what a nice work, but then I realized that from >10 minutes of the video biological life takes only ~20 seconds at the very end, I truly believe that we are not capable to comprehend this process, let alone anything beyond it.

thereā€™s also another video of his called Life Beyond thatā€™s discussing alien life (not the green creatures but how you define alien life and why didnā€™t we see any intelligence yet) and thereā€™s a really cool visualization of time in that video (24:15) from the beginning of the universe to where we are now and how long the universe will keep expanding and existing after we will probably disappear.
that visualization really put things in time perspective and our life here is so young that I donā€™t think anyone can really grasp all of that information.

what a time to be aliveā€¦ JWST is mindblowingā€¦

1 Like

Does song mode even exist?

4 Likes

I highly recommend listening to some Joscha Bach, the brightest and clearest thinker Iā€™ve come across.

I think his model of consciousness is by far the best out there.

1 Like

Galaxies, not universes. Everything it sees is part of one universe.

4 Likes

This is very interesting to think over. The recent UFO/UAP media coverage has at times suggested that a possible explanation for their origin is that they are not interstellar, but inter dimensional.

I love to romanticize about all of this. Especially the partā€™s about time not being fundamental to reality. Iā€™m also way out of my depth with all of this. I try to stay aware that this is for fun, not to go mad down the rabbit hole.

Loving that we are talking about this on Elektronauts

2 Likes