SP1200 + Digitakt (used as a one-shot / trigger sampler)

Sorry didn’t realize same person, with avatar change

1 Like

The OP is a good friend of mine who is trying to do the same thing as me. Lol. We both want to use the Digitakt how you would use a vintage Akai rack sampler with the SP. Sp handles drum samples + sequencing duties, DT handles longer length samples/filtering etc. Anyway, as I just replied, I have found a method that works if the splitter works out. I’m all ears on how to trigger the internal audio tracks from the midi tracks without doing a midi loop.

Cheers

1 Like

The Digitakt cannot do this without routing a MIDI cable from its MIDI Out port to its MIDI In port

Thank you for confirming that, Peter.

So it looks like the only solution here is to use a midi merger device that mergers the midi out from the SP (master sequencer) and the midi out of the DT returning to it’s singular midi in. I’m not sure if this will work or cause issues but it’s worth a shot. If it doesn’t work, I would say at this time we’ve reached the end of the road.

The only other solution would be for @Elektron to add the ability to trigger audio tracks via midi tracks without the midi loop trick or some how allow audio tracks to have defined key ranges – for example in the trig screen, have a feature that allows whatever note is selected represent the highest and lowest point in the key range so that the sound doesn’t span the whole key range on your midi controller.

2 Likes

Not sure if @Elektron cares for the DT to “play nice” w/ #SP1200—though I do wonder if anybody has tried to trigger the DT w/ an MPC60 or MPC3000? If so, how well does it work? I was also curious to connect the DT to my MPD16 to enjoy the velocity action of MPC drum pads.

check this active midi cable out. https://www.retrokits.com/shop/rk002/

Its a programmable midi cable that you can custom filter midi signals to do different things. I use it to trigger the Digitakt from a midi keyboard and turn the Digitakt into an 8 voice poly synth.
Seems like you may be able to assign midi groups from the Digitakt to the SP1200 and do what you need.

Im in the market for an SP1200 myself right now, just hunting for the best one. I’m curious if you get what you want accomplished. Seems like a deadly combo.

1 Like

also ill try to trigger the Digitakt with my MPC60 and MPC3000 and see if I can get it to work. I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Hello
Same problem for me, I’m searching to use my sp1200 as the main sequencer and trigger digitakt sample. Has someone find a solution or maybe an os update?
Thanks

1 Like

Any luck there?

Thanks

Let us know if the DT can be controlled by MPC. That would be interesting! Should work.

I think with an mpc it would possible because we can changed the midi note number on each pad (in 60 and 3000)

But with the sp1200 it’s impossible so we need an os update or workaround
Same thing as you drumatic, this is my first elektron product so I’m not very accured

1 Like

Any luck with the Digitakt controlling the SP1200? That’d work for me also. In the meantime, I’ve been sampling and loading SP1200 drums for use in DT.