SP 404 MK2 + Digitone Midi?

Hey. Love my Digitakt and Digitone and Syntakt, but I was thinking I want to midi my Digitone to the MK2, where the 404mk2 is leader. And the Digitone follows. Anyone else using a combo like this? I’ve midi linked my Elektron to each other but not the SP.

I’ve tried this with an digitakt and it seems to work OK.

The SP only sends start and stop messages when in pattern mode and the clock out will match the pattern’s bpm.

I’ve noticed if you’re in normal pad mode, tapping a pad will update the clock out to the bpm of the last pad, which might not be ideal since it’s unlikely for all you’re samples to have bpm sync enabled.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried 404 -> DN midi but DN -> 404 is awesome! Plus now the ability to sample while monitoring makes it so simple to get stuff going.

3 Likes

So the 404 being sequenced by the DN?! Trying to figure the best way to use these two. I love the Digitakt but if I want a 90% samples beat being able to control so much of the chops slice points is key but I also want the fm sounds from the DN. I could always program sounds on the DN & sample it into the 404 and do it that way I supposed.

2 Likes

Lately I sample the DN into the 404 and go from there. It’s so easy now with the 404 step sequencer. And like I said, sampling/resampling over top makes for a fun night. Especially with skip back and those oh wow moments!

3 Likes

Hi, I tried but it doesn’t hook DN to 404 nor 404 to DN, is there some walktrough? Connecting the Midi cables and enabling in the menus it doesn’t seem to work for me.

Maybe this will help? It’s the DT but the setup should be similar.

For the other way round (Elektron Box sequences the 404) just check this overview showing the corresponding note numbers for the SP’s pad numbers

SP-404 MK2 Pad-Note-Referral v2.pdf (59.3 KB)

1 Like

Guys, thanks a bunch for your care, I found out what’s the problem: TRS Type A and B. The Sp 404 needs the type A I had, from model:sampler, the type B, go figure. Now is completely hook up forever!