Source Audio Collider Delay + Reverb

Maybe? I did mention this to Juno in my return request. If it is a fault maybe they will replace

Picked this one up as my first real serious fx pedal and I am loving it.

Have been salivating over the big Strymon and Eventide boxes for years now but I never really could manage to save the 1000 euro’s to get both at the same time. This really was the answer to finally getting started on incorporating pedals in my setup. Having top notch Reverb and Delay algorithms within one nice small (and great looking) package which costed only 300 euro (was lucky to find a second hand unit in the city where I live), it just felt like a steal I couldn’t pass up.

Been playing around with this and DT+DN+Crave and it’s been massive fun. I’ve never fully realized that well until now how limited the Elektron effects are and how nice it is also to have a great sounding effect with nice knobs that are easily accessible.

I’m afraid this has also started a craving for more effect pedals. I’m planning on running the Collider on one of two Aux sends on the mixer so will still need to find a second pedal for the other Aux. Considering a Microcosm, Zoia, Zoom CDR70 or one of the Meris pedals for this.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I just got the Collider for a live set very soon and I’m a bit disapointed or I might be doing things wrong because until now it sounds pretty garbage to my ears…

My analog Rytm is going into the Xone 96 mixer. From there I send the audio into two separate send channels, using the split audio feature of the pedal, then back into the mixer with possibility to EQ… FX pedal receives midi clock directly from the Rytm.

• so I activated in the app the “sync to midi clock” and it shows that it is receiving the clock. What is the delay time than made for? It seems I can’t get my delays to align on the beat…

• I tried all the delay and reverb types. It sound pretty muddy, noisy, lack definition… I tried to HP LP on the device as well as EQ on the mixer, but I don’t get any clear sound… What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone help?

I have one but I’ve never used split audio and I only used MIDI once. I don’t remember any issues. The delays and reverbs can be somewhat coloured, but Digital delay and Room reverb with low parameter values should be fairly clean. I suggest that you do a factory reset and set it up as end-of-chain rather than send, check the sound, and then add in one desired feature at a time.

I had a Collider some years ago and remember that I had to use unbalanced (TS) cables (not TRS) for inputs to make it work correctly.

I have recently used both unbalanced TS (from a modular synth) and balanced TRS (from an Elektron box or other fixed-architecture synth) with Collider. It might depend what is on the other end.

It sadly does not align to the beat from the midi clock, as confirmed by their support. I have made the feature request for it but never seen any follow up on it. It’s a really weird thing for a pedal they market to synth players. It’s a shame because their delay is sounding awesome.

Thanks everyone for the answers! Syncing to midi clock was the feature I really needed so I had to send it back. I ended up using Rytm internal FXs… not perfect but not bad…

It DOES sync to MIDI clock without any issues (and it’s been the case since 2020 when I got it)
You then select the division using the 3-mode switch
Delay Time knob sets the time in absolute values (ms), overriding the clock if needed

1 Like

You are right, I remember the issue (for me) now: it does sync when you tweak it live, but if you save a preset, it will be saved with the bpm used when originally saving and will be stuck there until you mess again with the timing settings.

In my understanding / experience the MIDI sync and BPM are global settings (not per preset]

1 Like

Just got Collider and it sounds great indeed. I especially love the dome reverb and delays respond really nicely to tweaking. But I can’t seem to be able to reduce delay stereo width. Anybody knows if this is possible? Pings always go hard left/right in stereo mode.

It also cuts off effect tails when I change presets. I understand it’s not possible to switch effect types, since each of them uses full dedicated DSP, but it also does it when presets use same effect types. I guess I’ll need to use midi CC’s to change parameters instead (I haven’t really dive into midi implementation yet, I hope it’s possible).

The Neuro app will do it. There are plenty more parameters to tweak in the app.

1 Like

There’s stereo delay option parameter, but it only seems to change the “swing” between left and right pings or puts it into kind of mono mode.

Tap 1 Pan and Tap 2 Pan?

I don’t see those… not really much more controls there than what’s available on the unit itself.

1. No possibility to change the width on Collider (like in Nemesis). You can only change division
  2. You can enable Trails in Neuro app
2 Likes

I enabled trails but it still cuts them off when changing presets. They are preserved when bypassing effects though after enabling this.

Btw., what is the difference between “True bypass (relay)” and “Active analog (buffered)” hardware bypass modes?

You’re right, it only works for bypassing current preset

True bypass is classical hard wired TB, however for Trails to be enabled it has to be switched to Buffered (which is still analog bypass)

Oh, I didn’t know that, I was in the Nemesis device thinking it was the same. I don’t have the Collider, only the Nemesis and Ventris. Thanks for chiming in and for guiding @tha_man in the right direction! :pray: