Have liked the look of this box for a while, but also interested in making my own (to partner with Koma field and fx kits).
Altogether, the leaf audio box looks like it is a decent price, particularly if you don’t have a Koma box.
However I’m trying to come up with a few ideas to include in a DIY sound box
- bigger Kalimba (17 keys?)
- spring doorstop
- music box mechanism (fixed melody is fine, just need to find a good key to steal wound notes from)
- small bells
- seed shaker
- guiro / ridged surface
- cheese grater
- taut guitar string(s) wound onto some steel posts
- rubber pad (to hit with a small mallet as a kick)
- rubber band (‘double bass’ )
- one of those clicky fidget gadgets
Maybe it’ll just be a small briefcase / box of loose audio devices, rather than I try attach all the devices to a soundboard box with pickup…
Any ideas on other small items, plucky scratchy clicky toys to throw into the mix?
The more I think about building such a box, it might be better to create a relatively bare box out of a nice sound resonating wood that has built in microphones, amp and instead of permanently attaching sound making objects, has a variety of clamps and surfaces to grip (in a sonic-conductive way) any random object that comes to mind on a given day to best pick up their sounds when hit, scratched, shaken etc… moreso a ‘soundboard’