Sound of MK1 vs MK2

The Black one sounds obviously much better.

1 Like

@oktatracker has MKI and MKII (AE).
Any thought?

1 Like

Bear in mind in 1872 when the OTmk1 was announced the quality of MP3 compression was far inferior hence the gritty sound. :rofl:

1 Like

The soldering tin used on the MK1 units had small traces of precious metals due to a metallurgic anomaly Elektron has yet to reproduce and thus the sound inside travels a bit faster and thus the unit has lower latency.

5 Likes

I like this one. Love my MK1.

1 Like

What I can hear is, that the inputs on mkii are slightly louder. But nothing different enough in audio input or output that it should matter. Lots of other more important differences (oled vs larger screen, build, encoders, design, shortcut buttons, button shape, quality of parts, size with I/O ports, etc.).

1 Like

Is there something wrong with the build, design or quality of parts on the MK1?

Mki is IMO build better than mkii. But Elektron states, that the longevity of the parts used in mkii is better. Designwise, there are a few threads pointing out the placement of the buttons on the mkii as being poor design - but one of the trades they had to make, with the redesigned button shape.

1 Like

It all depends on which one you have your audiophile rocks sitting on

1 Like

ah, right. totally agree, i love the mk1 box design while digitakt and mk2 leave me quite cold

This reminds me of those MIDI bug cables that Ensoniq put out a little while ago.

1 Like