Sound Locks v. Parameter Locked Trigs for DigiTone beats

This post is prefaced with the admission that I’m still learning the DigiTone, so please excuse any errors, etc.

I’ve been experimenting with making beats/rhythms on the DigiTone by using Sound Locks (locking a Sound to a step) and contrasting that method to programming each step from scratch. It seems to me that Sound Locking has two major downsides.

First, the ctrl-all function does not affect the Sound Locked step. Second, track LFOs only affect the Sound assigned to the track, and not the Sound Locked steps.

Are both of these conclusions correct? If so, how are you using Sound Locks?

Thanks, interested to hear the “experts’” takes.

1 Like

both true!
For me…
-the soundpool is great for making drumkits for example! One track can be the whole drum/perc stuff of your track! In combo with conditional trigs and fill is super powerfull.
-soundlocks can be great for programming different arp resolutions or trap style hats, some pseudo retrig,…

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response! I think I’ll have to keep experimenting. Not a bad thing! :slight_smile:

It would be interesting if there was a way to auto-convert a track’s sound locks to the track’s single sound with all the necessary parameter locks created for you.

5 Likes

I doubt it would ever happen but that’s a pretty wild and awesome idea!

2 Likes

I wish the pan and fx could be tied to the active track instead of the sound lock.

1 Like