Sorting Digitakt Factory Sounds

Hi,

is there a way to sort the factory sounds of the digitakt not by kit but by type? For example having all the kicks in one folder and all the snares in another?
I really like the fatory samples and think I would use them more if that was the case.

BR
boe

1 Like

Folders are used more to gather samples by source, usually (e.g. a sound pack).

Use tags to find all your kicks / snares / hats / etc.
Way more convenient!

2 Likes

Only 63 (64?) Of the factory samples are saved as Sounds that are tagged. I agree with you in having the factory samples organized better would be beneficial as samples cannot be tagged.

I might again be confusing my DT with my DN, definitely got to check this more precisely.

Third time in a row I got corrected, might as well keep my advises for me while I’m sick, I guess.

Nah man you’re right you can sort and categorize but it’s only on Sounds and not Samples. Sounds are the full amp/filter/lfo settings saved with the sample.

I use https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/ to organise my Digitakt

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting better sorting too. I’m at work (so can’t check right now), but felt I stumbled into some filters / sorting on the Overbridge related software (probably the Digitakt app).
Can’t remember if it was exploring the whole +drive or just Sounds (like mentioned above)…
But will check out the elk-herd thing later - thanks

Exactly what I want to do as well. I do this with my samples from my sample library. I use tags on the computer, but when transferring to DT, I transfer into Kick, Snare… folders). I would like to do that with factory samples as well. Any workaround? Can I download DT samples from somewhere?

The factory sample cannot be reorganized, pulled off the machine, or officially downloaded.

What about unofficially downloaded?