SOPHIE interview

Totally agree. Only hardware I have is a MD, a MnM and a MIDI controller. Unless mics and guitars and amps count :stuck_out_tongue:

For Sure the demos are usually pretty blip bloopy, which has it place but I agree there sales where pop

she actually did make this on the Mono. thereā€™s a video of her playing the demo of it straight from her Monomachine - live.

Where?

I was wrong. Just rewatched it and it was just Serum. For some reason I thought I saw a cut with Massive on screen briefly. My mistake.

Iā€™d very much like to see this.

Also, your Sophie obsession is bordering on unhealthy :stuck_out_tongue: Is it time for an Elektronauts intervention?

im not exactly obsessed. iā€™m just really into find more about how SOPHIE does her sound design and stuff. I like other things too ya know. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

raises hand total SOPHIE fangirl here <3

3 Likes

No itā€™s not :slight_smile:

Gross. Lol.

2 Likes

the sample pack kinda takes the fun away from desigining sophie like sounds from scratch imoā€¦

Everyone has a different opinion. For some itā€™s a gold mine, for others theyā€™d rather run the path, discover the knowledge, and then take it somewhere.

You do you.

:fire::ok_man:

This

2 Likes

Just got an email about this -

SOPHIE to release a live stream via YouTube and Twitch at 9pm BST tonight, 9th July; SOPHIE was due to perform the set for the Los Angeles online party HEAV3N on July 3rd to raise funds for black trans + queer femmes but the broadcast was banned on Twitch before it could start. SOPHIE is now premiering the live set via YouTube and Twitch in order to proceed with the show. The set will remain available on YouTube.

The stream will run on July 9th at the following times:

London, United Kingdom
Thu, Jul 9, 9:00pm BST

New York, United States
Thu, Jul 9, 4:00pm EDT

Los Angeles, United States
Thu, Jul 9, 1:00pm PDT

https://smarturl.it/SOPHIEHEAV3N

6 Likes

Thanks for posting that. Nice treat for a Thursday night. How does she get those sounds ?? I wonder how if she still uses the MonoMachine.

1 Like

Last I saw she seemed to be working mostly in Ableton and using Serum but Iā€™ve seen somewhat recent studio photos and thereā€™s a monomachine and octatrack in there. Serum can do a lot of what MM can do.

1 Like

sounds great. great sounds, pretty, ambient, textured, colorfulā€“sheā€™s still killin it

I found another video of her live from 10 months ago and it looks like she is using some sort of Elektron box, but I canā€™t tell which one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1wWVVtqhk Wearing a cool Autechre hoodie :smiley:

Not sure about her most recent live shows but when Iā€™ve seen her she has used a pair of CDJs and a Monomachine.

1 Like

it is a Monomachine

1 Like