Sonicware Lofi-12 XT

As I haven’t found anything so far, I’d like to start a new thread for the Sonicware Lofi-12 XT which is available, now.

8 Likes

Crosspost -

This is a feature that I think most would really like to see implemented in all modern grooveboxes. It especially makes sense for anything that’s battery powered and intended to be portable, but even for desktop units such as Elektron’s stuff I think it would be really nice to have.

3 Likes

BoBeats covered it:

3 Likes

Tiz tempting in many aspects. just not sure about the fx & filter quality. hmm

1 Like

So that’s where all the excess inventory OG DT yellow screens ended up.
:smiley:

Interesting device. Not going to halt my imminent DT2 order, but I can see the appeal.

3 Likes

yea im toying between a dt2 n maaybe this.

half the price - half the khz :joy:

1 Like

I really like portable machines, I’ll simply use it more with my current life situation.

but the sound quality & sound design possibilities on dt2 are very tempting. very tempting indeed :]

2 Likes

yeah I feel like it fills some sort of niche pretty well… I would probably jump on it if they used a different button type and some nicer knobs, just like a premium version of it even if it cost more. M8 is also great for portable but quite a different workflow and voice count.

1 Like

og lofi12 was fun this seems like a nice upgrade and looks rather cool in grey
sidechain, background audio capture, p-lock and 2x lfo per track sounds very impressive at this price point i must say

1 Like

That was a damn good video Bo, deliciously informative just like I like it.

1 Like

‘with polyphonic sample playback’

Is Bo attacking the DT II? :stuck_out_tongue:

I still can’t get past the screen. I can’t even read it when I zoom in on a photo of it…even with glasses on. It seems unreasonably small.

1 Like

It’s much better in person in my opinion. Some people still complained about it (my experience being with the SmplTrk) but I found it readable and bigger than expected, though it’s still small.

My biggest problem with Sonicwares devices is the workflows of the ones I’ve tried were all very convoluted and required multiple shift functions or they just had buttons that weren’t really used and it didn’t feel well thought out. Maybe that’s better on this but it definitely has Roland vibes rather than Elektron vibes.

Edit: watching the Bo Beats video and having him twist the A, B, C, D knobs just gave me flash backs. God it felt like a chore to do anything with those knobs.

1 Like

I sent that sampletrk back so fast it wasn’t even funny, but this one has me intrigued enough to check back in down the line

2 Likes

Dibi should demo every new sampler on the market i swear

6 Likes

Mine should be here Friday, I’m a bit disappointed the sampling time was reduced from 300 seconds per sample to 40 seconds, after backing, but not a deal breaker.

Looking forward to trying it out, the feature set is quite interesting, though again as usual, there are annoying omissions (of basic features) that make all of these sampling sequencers lack everything I need in one box :joy:

But overall it seems like it will be very handy to me, the polyphony and various sample play modes especially.

I quite like Sonicware gear, they have done a few updates on most of their stuff that I have.

4 Likes

Mine is on the way too for next Wednesday.
I love the workflow so far from what I’ve seen on YT.

I have a DT 2 on the way too although they overlap a lot and DT doesn’t play chords and doesn’t manually slice, I bet it sounds much more full. Esp with the new filters.

I remember DT1… when I was playing stuff chromatically it sounded super smooth. And full.

1 Like

The Liven LoFi12 has such a great sound, reminiscent of early samplers, on drums in particular it just can smack so hard when using the compressor, I’m really hoping that magic is replicated in the XT, I guess I’ll find out tonight!

2 Likes

show us some clips if u can. compressor n fx pleeease :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can it also sound clean?
Maybe I’m not in the mood for Lofi all the time.

Those 24khz should mess the sound too much.

I’ve tried exporting a song of mine from Logic in 24khz and it sounded ok. At least on AirPods.