Sonicware ELZ_1 New portable synth

Hey dude, I wish I had a few videos to show you but I do use mine just about every day, it sounds really beautiful and I can make patches that are unlike any other synth I own. The sampling engines and the noise masking engines are especially cool! Every engine is awesome though, they are all interesting and the effects sound great. All filters can be used with all engines as well, so you can use a resonant high pass or whatever with the 4OP FM, etc.

1 Like

This looks awesome, can’t think how I missed it so far. Only wish they’d done a ‘module’ version (keyboard-less) … particularly with the USB host capability.

Did they ever add keyboard tracking to the filter ?

Seems like there were some downsides from early reviews that were later addressed with firmware updates, but I didn’t spot an update for this.

I don’t remember but I’ll check at work today and let you know. Very useful to have but I don’t think I’ve ever used it if it is there, although I use it a lot on other synths.

1 Like

Nope no filter tracking but really I don’t think you’ll miss it, so much of the shaping is done with the oscillator engines and modulations, and the effects. The filters are crazy cool and sound excellent so I use them a lot but it already has a solid tendency to sound very bright at the high end and crunchy at the bottom, and there’s no crucial need to use the filter for a sine with all the different engines available… but it would be cool to have it, I’ll post on the Facebook page and email their support team too. I typically make a patch and at the very end I use a filter to boost or carve away or maybe have some modulation sweep it around a bit but the core oscillator engines sound fantastic even before using a filter.

2 Likes

What do you think if this gear? I may be wrong but it look very much like a Elektron Gear.
I was watching 30 years anniversary of Tresor Club (Berlin) on Arte TV (French&German Tv channel).

You can check out yourself:

5 Likes

That’s a Sonicware ELZ-1

4 Likes

It’s the Sonicware Elz 1
ELZ_1 – SONICWARE

2 Likes

Oh Thank you guy! i was dreaming for few minutes!!!

Was on the edge my seat clicking the thread open

Or maybe, it’s the Syntakt…disguised up as an ELZ-1?

2 Likes

Here’s a demo showing some presets I’ve had the pleasure to create for the new (and free) ELZ_1 OS 7 FW. Maybe you find it useful

1 Like

New version limited to 200, special black model.

Stereo speakers, usb c, din midi, four track looper. Nice upgrade! I really like the original despite its flaws and not great feeling knobs!

Estimated release date October.

1 Like

Yeah, this looks like he addressed the general hardware complaints about the first one with the dedicated power supply, usb c and midi i/o. It’s cool to see a developer come out of the gate with a very interesting product (elz-1), scale things down and find a niche (livens) to keep the company going and successful, then circle back around to the original thing and flesh it out.

6 Likes

The power switch and keys were trash on the first model. Nice move by dev to lift build quality.

and Mega FM

I have had the lofi-12 for a few weeks and I must say that for me the livens are not niche at all. Very powerful grooveboxes at affordable price (tho very toy-ish plastic-ey). I can kinda see how the xfm/bass & beats/texture labs might be more niche tho.

1 Like

Oh I just meant niche as a comfortable business space to exist in to keep new products hitting the market with a consistent revenue stream (not as in a “niche” device that maybe only does one thing really well).

1 Like