Via Laune on Operator-1 forum

https://www.sonicware.jp/home-1

399mm (W) × 130mm (D) × 47mm(H)
15.7" (W) × 5.2" (D) × 1.8"(H)

Weight (in grams):
about 1,000g
about 2.2lbs

Outputs:
Stereo line outputs (standard L/R phone jacks) Headphone output (stereo mini jack) Speaker

Inputs:
AUX IN (stereo mini jack)
Power:
5V DC (center positive, 5.5mm (outer), 2.1mm (inner) jack) 4 AA batteries

USB functions:

Firmware updates USB MIDI device functions

Synthesizer engines:
FM SYNTH (4 operators with 31 algorithms, feedback and detuning) 8BIT WAVE MEMORY SYNTH (waveform editing and morphing with FM mode) DNA EXPLORER (extract and generate waveform DNA from audio)
SiGRINDER (granular synthesizer engine) STANDARD OSC (sin, square, triangle and saw waves)
LOW-BIT OSC (sin, square, triangle and saw waves)

Envelopes:
ADSR

Filters:
LPF, HPF, BPF, Peaking EQ, LO EQ, HI EQ, Graphic E
Effects:
Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, Chorus, Vibrato, Phaser, Tremolo, Auto-pan,
Delay, Tape Echo, Room, Hall, Arena, Spring, Plate

Arpeggiators:
Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, Up&Down, Down&Up, Random

10 Likes

sweet. I dig

I wonder if this could control, and be controlled by the DT easily with just USB.

Wow! OP-2!

No sequencers, but the synth engines seem much more interesting to me.

1 Like

OK, that’s different. And…that’s the kind of screen resolution that new Elektron products should have.

Damn, their website is a mess! Just like pretty much every other japanese website I have looked at.

PS works ok with other browsers, doesn’t seem to like Firefox.

1 Like

does this thing has loudspeakers on the right?

ok just read… it has

So you can jam with your kids, apparently!

Looks sweet. Closest thing to an op-1 and focused just on synthesis rather than quirkiness. Any sounds or indication of price yet? They really need to sort their website out. runs on AA batteries, ha that’ll take me back

No price announced by the looks of it. It’s gonna be a while, if ever. It really needs a MIDI IN port or a USB Host port for direct control from keyboards and hardware sequencers.

Looks good to me, if it’s OP-1 money I’m in.

4-op FM synthesis seems to be on the rise, we now have the Prophet 12, Reface DX, Alpha Base and ELZ_1 at the party, who’s next?

So F%6€ing awesome! I hope there is a possibility to connect midi via usb or something like that. Price will be interesting… Specs are really awesome! Very exited about this.

EDIT: Midi connection is possible! Price is approximately 399 USD !

Oh look, they’ll be at NAMM… On my booths to visit list now. Will report back when I see it…

1 Like
1 Like

How much I like it is going to depend on the pricing :sunny:

2 Likes

100 x this.

Sounds really great @cuckoomusic did a nice run through, I look forward to his in depth tutorial.