Song Mode Loop Question

Hi folks,
I have a question about the new song mode in DT/DN/ST.

I personally use DN as master for my arrangements and it works fine. But for performing live, it still has one downside to my workflow.

Mostly I loop each row in Song Mode. Row changes are mostly pattern changes in my setup.
I would love that when having finished looping one row and I turn off looping, so DN changes into the next row, that it automatically loops the next row. Unfortunately there is no such option like automatically looping a row. On a row change, I always need to turn looping on again.

I am dreaming of a setting like this in the Song Mode editor, where you can set the loop quantity to auto, not just to a fix number of times. My issue with this is, that if i forget to turn loop back on after a row change (maybe the performance is stressfull), Song Mode will play through all rows and destroy my arrangement. In other words, what I would need is, that the loop off command only turns off loop for the current row, but not for the entire song.

So actually the main feature I love about song mode is the progress bar. If this would exist in normal pattern playback, I would not need Song Mode at all… But the progress bar is key if patterns have different lengths. Especially if the different tracks in DN/ST/OT (the ones I use in my setup) have each different lengths as well, and the master length is the loop point.

Has anybody of you found a way to make such a workflow smoother?

I hope I could describe my issue comprehensivly.

Kind regards,
Silvester

1 Like