"Song mode" Digitakt

Oh nice!
Ableton :frowning: need a wrap for Logic. :grimacing:

I guess I could run it in MAX.

1 Like

check this shit out…dont need “song mode” for a good live perf. :wink:
part of Ae quaristice tour sysex notes…

Well well, haven’t been around in quite awhile… I see that Elektron still hasn’t done anything to resolve the Song Mode issue for DT… It’s long overdue, the one missing feature that would complete this amazing groovebox… Sad, really…

5 Likes

Song mode issue? There was never an issue cuz it was never there. Or going to be :confused:

In that case…let’s talk about the 2.5miilion dollar issue with my bank account. :sob:

2 Likes

can eveybody on this thread , scroll back to 2017 and press the heart button .

it may make a differnece. SHOULD!

Good use of capital letters.

I’d have preferred more exclamation marks.

Sorry, gonna have to dock points though for using discriminatory language.

Lost coherence and direction a bit at the end, which I think adds to the rant, to be fair.

Overall, I’d score it about 4/10 on the rant scale.

2 Likes

nice review .

how about a … user savable pattern chains , lol

hey just copy the rs7000 pattern fills section by yamaha knew .

2017 Elektron said they “may look in to song mode in the future updates” https://youtu.be/3ufuI1zYHR0?t=1002

to the haters, its not a crazy ask. if you dont need it, cool.
its killing these instruments for me.

7 Likes

1.30 firmware and still not a song mode…

I agree Digitakt doesn’t need it to jam and have fun with it. But sometimes if you are by your own on the stage and you prefer to perform with other synth or to sing with no worries about the sequence of paterns, this feature is totally necesary.

Pleaaase Elektron! I beg you.

9 Likes

that’s my solution! works great! :+1:

The car I bought 10 years ago still cannot fly! Shame on that car company!..

2 Likes

Mine can. You must be holding it wrong…

…sorry :blush:

1 Like

Is that a toy car joke?

i was so mad the DT didnt have song mode that I bought the OT

guess elektron marketing team did well…?

1 Like

The problem with pattern chain is that you cant’t chain the same pattern.
You can do 1,7,4,7,4,2,15 etc
But you can’t do something like 1,1,1,7,4,3,3,3 etc
(Unless I’m missing something obvious again :slight_smile: )
You also need to develop some supernatural finger gymnastic methods for some basic pattern chaining.
A very simple “temporary” song mode would be welcome at the very least. Like FUNC + PATT + hitting pattern 1 through 16 will put them in a temporary sequence. With which you can just hit pattern seven 300 times if you really like pattern 7 and need to listen to it 300 times in a row.
The current pattern chain thing is honestly a disaster.

Also there should be an indicator on screen that you’re in pattern chain mode. As it is not uncommon to start tweaking the wrong wrong sound in the wrong pattern.

It’s a big mess. Sorry, Elektron.

Yes you can.

The Pattern indicator in the top left of the screen flashes.

2 Likes

No need for finger gymnastics. Just keep holding at least one pattern while pressing additional patterns. No need to hold them all. You can even chain across different banks. Just tap the patterns you want while holding the first.

You only cannot play the first pattern multiple times because you need to hold it do start a chain. Easily solved by duplicating it to another empty pattern and start from there so you can chain the first pattern multiple times.

Also: utilize chain length. You can set a pattern chain length (scale menu) to 1024 steps I believe. So most of the time it should not be needed to chain the same pattern multiple times unless you want a pattern to play for more than 1024 steps. Of course there are a few pretty rare exceptions (having a one shot trigger only once in 1024 steps?) But it should be definitely enough for the first pattern?

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought there was a ninja trick to repeat the first patten. I’m not using pattern chain but I remember trying it once to see. I forgot how though :slight_smile:

Edit: ah, here it is: Chain with first pattern repeated - Elektron Gear / Model:Samples - Elektronauts

thats what i said :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks but that truck with the placeholder is insane!

Bottom line is that the current pattern chain feature is just plain silly and the design is faulty. There’s multiple other ways to implement this basic feature. Tap pattern number instead of holding it down is one of them! (With an extra modifier key like FUNC)

Unbelievable Elektron is keeping the current design :sleeping: