Song mode changing to A01 against my wishes

I am sequencing my OT via MD song mode and changing patterns the elektron way (PRG CHANGE OUT=ON) so the program changes with each pattern automatically. This works great in general.

Now I am using patterns E05 and E06 on both machines playing in an infinite loop. Super simple. Usually the pattern changes are perfectly in sync. But if I do a “double stop” on the MD while on pattern E06 (not E05) when I later press play the MD sends a program change message to program=0 (A01). This does not happen if I don’t double stop or double stop on pattern E05.

I know it only sends program changes (and cc’s) if the value differs from the last one sent. It’s like the MD partially thinks E05 is actually A01. Snooping the midi message I see no suspect messages are being sent, just cc 123=0 “all notes off”, start, stop and the irksome program change.

I have tried with different patterns, kits, new songs. Always the same. I don’t think it’s a multi-map issue - those are disabled. I am not using midi machines.

Any ideas?

I am using… MD X.10

bump

I don’t have anything to offer other than the MD and the OT (and the MnM for that matter) have weird funky bugs that just appear out of nowhere often, bend reality and gaslight you.

I will sit back and see if anyone else has an idea of what may be happening.