Some Scratching

Will never let my sl-1210m5g go…EVER!

I just ordered one of these. Check it out before the special discount is over.

Hello,
I found a good deal of an SL-1200MKII in my city. Worth it in 2020 for sampling and scratching ?
I’m tired of my old hifi turntable that have lot of engine noises.

Absolutely 100%, if it works and you get a good cartridge/stylus.

1 Like

I have my actual cartridge and stylus for now, more Hifi I think but I can change it later I guess.

1 Like

I instantly ordered this when I saw it. It’s perfect.

I haven’t scratched in a long time, but I’m hoping this will help inspire me to scratch more again.

1 Like

Yeh looks a good bit of kit.

Any of you saw the SC1000 open source scratch tool? Heres one I built a bit back. A wicked little unit with built in battery. All you need are headphones and you can cut anywhere.

In fact just saw some selling a new model if you dont want to build it yourself- SC500 - Devices - SC1000 / SC500

3 Likes

Sweet! I used to love the Numark V7’s size and feel and they were pretty much the front runner of these and the Twelves. 7" motorised decks looked like the future of DJing to me at the time, but didn’t catch on back then unfortunately. Serato was going through changes from Scratch Live to Pro via Itch for their controller market and I ran into a few compatibility issues with firmware. Hopefully the controller market and Serato have matured massively over the years and these are supported for many many years to come. Great idea the V7’s, but they probably came just a little too early.

Hopefully they update the firmware again for them, otherwise I might have to try to resurrect an old computer and give these another spin as they were a lot of fun to use.

Hope to see how you get on with the One. I missed the vids you posted originally.

1 Like

I´m very surprised that I´ve never seen this thread before. Even though I kind of “logged out” of the scratch scene a while ago scratching itself played a major role in my life for more than 20 years and still does. Will look up some stuff I could share on here, until then I´ll try to catch up on this thread and here´s my other Insta channel dedicated to the topic. But I barely ever post and it´s not just recordings of myself…

Before I eventually get to record something more recent I´ll throw in some old stuff first.

This was done for a small compilation of a German scratch DJ forum many moons ago:

This one was a collab with three other scratchers from my town for the album of a local producer (my part comes in after the first chorus).

This one is pretty experimental, heavy beat from a producer/friend I have done many many collabos with and where I used a lot of FX in Ableton. Lost the project file a long time ago so it is what it is.

And lastly this one was for a compilation of local Hip Hop heads, beat again by my friend and collabo with two other scratchers (my part is the last one).

And totally forgot about this video:

some warmup scratching from myself before the session started (Kid Koala was playing in the venue in the evening, he even joined us briefly during the session)

5 Likes

Learning our 4 year old about turntablism:

drive.google.com

FullSizeRender.mov (video)

Google Drive file.
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Ha! My kids always loved touching the records but I never managed to get them any further into it than that. The best thing was recording them saying something and then using DVS to let them scratch it back and forth. Pure joy

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf1XTK3l1bd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

I’ve been scratching and DJing since I was about 18, but I ended up taking a bit of a break from DJing several years ago. Recently, I decided I wanted to get back into DJing again and reached out to some old connections. One of them happens to DJ for the Minnesota Timberwolves and he invited me to play to a sold out arena last night.

I never played in front of so many people before, but what made it really special was being encouraged to scratch as much as I wanted.

Here’s a clip of me scratching a bit over a remix.

4 Likes

That’s awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes