Some question about the monomachine

Hi guys thanks in advance! I just bought a monomachine, however; I’m having hard time here, I have been reading the manual a lot just so I don’t have to come here and look like a noob or a lazy person but I can’t understand it

1 - How do I connect the monomachine to a MacBook? and how to I transfer the songs and sounds to Ableton.

(I have the MIDI to USB cable, I don’t know if that works ir not what cable should I buy)

2 - How do I connect my monomachine to a MIDI keyboard?

now these are just some randoms questions.

3- Why when using the ARP when I trigger the notes on the record mode they are on hold? like I press a note and it goes non stop? how to I change that?

4- Why patters are saved separate from kits? And how do I find the pattern that I did with the specific kit?

(Like when you make a kit with patterns you save everything its okay, and then you go to another kit and the patterns from the kit you made before still loaded on the new kit, you delete the pattern and make new one to the new kit, however; when you go back to the kit you made before its not the same pattern that you saved originally)

5- Also I kinda don’t understand the concept about snapshot? and song mode?
what to I have to do to make full songs? with notes transpositions and that type of stuff since the monomachine just has a scale of 1/164 4:4

thanks if you read until here
have a good start of week everyone!

MIDI is not audio. You can’t hear sound via MIDI.

Connect the main outs of the monomachine to the inputs of a soundcard or audio interface connected to the computer.

2 - How do I connect my monomachine to a MIDI keyboard?

That is what a MIDI cable is for.

2 Likes

Connect the MIDI Out port of the keyboard to the MIDI In port of the Monomachine.

This is so that you can use the same kit easily with different patterns. On the MM, the kit is linked to the pattern, so you call up the pattern that you want and it automatically loads the kit that is associated with that pattern. So you need to remember the pattern number(s) that you made your music in.

The MM only holds 128 patterns at any time. If you fill up your MM, you can save the contents of the current memory to a “snapshot”. Later, if you want, you can recall the snapshot. It’s like making a backup of a computer.

Make a bunch of patterns. Maybe one is the verse of your song and another pattern is the chorus. In the Song Mode you can make a list of these patterns to play back in the order you want for your song.

2 Likes

To connect your computer to the Monomachine, you can use something like the TM-1 (MIDI-USB interface) that makes it faster to backup or load snapshots, and possibly user waves.

You have 3 pairs of audio out, and you can choose which pair you send each track, which is pretty cool to add external modern FX.

Elektron “Pattern” stores trigs (notes) and p-locks (parameter values). A “Kit” stores the sound settings for each track.
When working on a Pattern, I usually save the Kit with the name of the Pattern. When I switch to another pattern, I save the Kit to the new Pattern name (unless I need it to be shared across several patterns).
Don’t forget to save the current Kit before switching to another Pattern.

1 Like