Soma Reflex

Right. My inner dialogue: Oh I’m gonna want this… better check out the video, (45 seconds into video) … Yep. Better just close this out - all I need to see for today

2 Likes

What a fucking genius. I’m very interested in this.

1 Like

damn it. I’ve already got a preorder on a pedal from them I still dont really know what it does. I have NO idea what the Reflex does either, but it looks and sounds pretty interesting to me… the Lyra is the only think I’ve bought and always felt - it’s all ok it not being used all the time. Keep it.

When is Vlad going to run for president in Russia?

Just get him on the mic and that cat would straight smooth-talk his way into the Kremlin.

2 Likes

MPE for the rest of us.

2 Likes

They had me at Soviet germanium diodes.

5 Likes

Can I just sign up to send them $2000 a year and they can just mail me cool shit as they come up with it? I don’t even need to know what I’m buying ahead of time on their track record.

5 Likes

@Ess started a whole thread on this topic!

Yay! A hardware synth that does something new, with new controls.

1 Like

And here I thought I was really pretty set with everything I have, with the exception of trading the OB-6 up for a Matrix-12 if we see an Oberheim/DSI re-issue there. This looks genuinely interesting.

Looks more then a combined extended midi controller with digital synth. If you used to play keyboard with 2 hands you can’t use the principle. Would like to see a feet controller combined with regular pitchbend, velocity, aftertouch and additional gyro, heartbeat , facial expression and body movement to cc and cv module that can be programmed to use on all synths out there.
What if Digitone’s filter opens up by smiling and opening your mouth could control reverb send. Nottin your head to add vibrato etc. Sure inspiring. Saving for Lyra first…

2 Likes

Woah. This is a really cool idea…

Brilliant ! Could be my first Soma synth… :innocent:

This will probably been my 2nd Soma synth.

It looks and sounds like a different enough experience than what I anticipate having with the Osmose.

2 Likes

Agreed, w.r.t. to the Osmose. It’s really cool to see more companies getting into enhanced expressiveness; I’ll be following this one for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

as it is now it seems to work the other way around… :arrow_up: :smiley:

1 Like

I already know that I’m gonna buy it! Interesting concept and it already sounds marvelous!

2 Likes

vlad’s making history with soma labs… if the oscillators are anything like the bass module on pulsar then whew :dash: :hot_face:

1 Like

https://somasynths.com/price-availability-reflex/

2 Likes

I emailed to see if there was an update. “Unfortunately, the product is still under development. We still do not have specific forecasts.
I think the end of 2023 / early 2024 at the earliest…”