[SOLVED] Sampling via USB from phone

Hi all - I am trying to sample audio playing on my phone (Google Pixel 5A) via the phone’s USB C port to the DT. I was able to do this very easily on multiple occasions over the past few months. I am using the Elektron provided USB cable that came with the DT (USB A to USB B) and a little USB A to C converter.

However, now when I try to do it, the audio just continues to play over my phone and doesn’t seem to get routed to the USB port. I am not sure what changed. I thought perhaps my USB port on my phone was dirty (although I have no problems making a solid connection while charging), so I tried scraping out lint and the like. I also bought a new USB B to USB C cable, thinking that perhaps my little converter had gone defunct. Still no luck.

I am guessing this is some sort of Android issue, and not an issue with the DT. But my research hasn’t helped me solve this problem. Has anyone run into this and found a solution? Are there any settings on the DT I might have changed to cause this problem? My sampling source on the DT is set to USB L+R.

Thanks!

Make sure your USB is set to “audio & MIDI” in the system settings. Sometimes if you change projects or use overbridge you will have to switch it back.

Globel Menu>System>USB Config

2 Likes

Gah this solved it! Thank you! I was driving myself crazy. Glad it was something simple.

1 Like

It usually is! (or a bug)

1 Like