[Solved] Is anyone experiencing the odd crash...?

Has anyone else experienced their MnM crashing, especially when using C6? Sometimes it crashes halfway sending sysex files, sometimes it crashes when it loads in the waveforms. Sometimes it even crashes when C6 is not doing anything but the connection is still up.

The MnM is seems perfectly stable without being connected except when I try to load snapshots. Sometimes it also crashes then. I’m using a MBP with El Capitan, maybe C6 doesn’t really work with El Capitan yet?

Really hope this weirdness isn’t hardware related, I bought mine brand new a few weeks ago. Maybe I am doing something wrong that causes this behaviour. The crashes are scarce enough that I can’t reproduce a situation where it always crashes. I’m running the latest OS and tried all reset options in the boot menu. I’m open to any suggestions!

Solved: Problem was a bad waveform that caused data corruption/crashes.

File a support ticket. If there is a hardware problem, you would want to get it checked out as early as possible.

Thanks for the tip, I’ve just opened a ticket!

Do you think support will be able to figure out if this is a hardware problem? I can still return it for another one. That’s much faster than sending it to Sweden.

Which is why I didn’t register the machine yet. I hope this doesn’t influence the response time my ticket :zonked:

is there any other device in the chain when you send the sysex?

Nothing at all. The MnM is used on its own.

I use the TM-1 interface with sturdy short midi cables when connected to the computer. It also crashes from time to time when loading kits or switching digibanks/loading snapshots with the midi cables disconnected. Sometimes with a stuck note as bonus :joy:

I have just played with it for another hour, loading kits and such, and as always when trying to pin point a problem; nothing happened.

The main problem I have with it is that I can’t decide which music genre to make, this machine is way too versatile. I don’t have enough free time.

I was having issues too. Though, it wasn’t during sysex send/receive. It would freeze while the sequencer was running, or if it was just sitting on, idle. So, I didn’t think it was process related.

Turned out to be my power supply.

I sprayed some Deoxit Gold inside the tip of the power cord, then let it sit and dry. I haven’t had any issues since.

Mine is a Mk2 +Drive, no warranty.

have you tried a factory reset or reinstalling the firmware?